1.    #1  
    Cingular was rumored to have a 2 for 1 Sale today. Curious if anyone was able to take advantage of this sale and get two 680's for the price of one?

Every Cingular store in the Birmingham area has yet to recieve thier 680s and most are expecting shipment towards the end of next week. Did any of the other stores have enough 680s to move them two at a time?
    Called 8 stores in the Santa Barbara, Santa Maria area, not one of them had a 680 and not one of them knew when they were getting it. Funny thing is, 5 stores didn't know what the 680 was and asked me if I meant the 650. Then one of them told me I didn't know what I was talking about that Palm doesn't even MAKE a 680...........glad their coverage is better than their knowledge of their products!!! But yes the 2 for 1 applied to all PDA's...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Where did you find the 2-1 for sale info? My local stores don't seem to know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianRicca View Post
    Where did you find the 2-1 for sale info? My local stores don't seem to know about it.
    HERE
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    The Cingular store I went to today had about a 3' x 3' banner out in front. If I go by there again today I'll take a pic and post it.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    The ad was in all the local newspapers. Buy a phone or PDA at the promotional price, get the second for free from 8-12 noon on Friday only. I went by 1 store today where I got a card extending the deal until Monday because they didn't have any in stock. I called all the local Cingular stores and while none received theirs, I was told they might get a UPS shipment today or perhaps Monday. If they don't get them in by Monday my card expires and I lose out. They should really have rain-checked a minimum number of 680's since the stores never had them in the first place.
    my local store said it didn't apply to pda's.....hmm i'll have to check into it further as i just bought three phones from them this week.
    I went to a Metro New York City Cingular Corporate store shortly after 8am today. The sales staff was not aware of any Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer. They double checked their computer system to see if it was available for this market. It was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by instpasr View Post
    my local store said it didn't apply to pda's.....hmm i'll have to check into it further as i just bought three phones from them this week.
    just drove by my local cingi store and it said buy one get one free on PDA...i swear sometimes sales staff are so in the dark
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    One thing I have come across dealing with Cingular is that there are "official Cingular Stores," and there are "Authorized Cingular Stores." The authorized stores do not always have the same promotions and vice-versa. The two-for-one special may be a local authorized store's promotion, so it would not apply to all Cingular stores. I hope this helps. I've been buying unlocked phones for the last few years, so I haven't had to deal with the local stores.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.