1.    #1  
    Anyone know if there is a way to get Slingbox to work woth the 700P? I have a 700P waiting for me at home, but REALLY want m y new Slingbox to work with my phone, so if it cant work with a P, might have to go with a 700W... Thoughts?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Slingbox to your PC; Use Orb (free program) to watch whatever is on your PC on your Treo.
    how would you set this up? Slingbox is not recognized as a video source on the pc.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Slingbox claims they are going to offer a Palm client soon (maybe even end of this year, but doubtful). They've recently released the Mac's software and announced symbioms. So if you are willing to wait, you'll someday be to sling to your 700p.

People are using Orb to great success, but I think it's easier to set up you PC as a media center pc, hook up a tuner to it then you can orb whatever is on your computer, video, music, photos, even docs. There are a bunch of threads out there on both slingbox and Orb that could do a better job of explaining this. Enjoy your new toy!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    People are using Orb to great success, but I think it's easier to set up you PC as a media center pc, hook up a tuner to it then you can orb whatever is on your computer, video, music, photos, even docs.
    So this would require getting a TV tuner, media center..how is this easier?

For me, it was simple. I wanted Slingbox. I wanted to be able to listen to streaming Windows Media Audio in the background (xm radio). 700p couldn't do either (yet), but the 700wx could.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I meant easier, or at least cheaper then the previous posters suggestion to sling to a pc then orb to a 700p. That seems a bit redundant to me. You're right that slinging straight to a 700w/x is def. the easiest solution, but some of us, like me won't give up our 700P's
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    If you really can't wait for the Palm client, (which I doubt is going to see the light of day) then go for the Wx.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Why a Slingbox? I have a friend who has a Mac - (no Mac Orb client) that is the only reason to use Slingbox vs Orb on a palm based Treo... Per him the Orb application is far more versatile than the Slingbox and the software for Orb is free...
    It's all preference. Personally, I don't like leaving my computer on all day (or messing with the unreliable "wake from hibernate"). Also, what if someone is home playing with the only PC? At least with Sling I split the line so it doesn't affect if someone is watching at home (and with FiOS internet, bandwidth isn't an issue).

I like a dedicated app just for TV/DVD/Tivo and I'm willing to be that the quality of the Sling codec is much better than Orb.

Fact is I can have both Slingbox and Orb so it doesn't even matter really.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    BTW,

Here is Slingbox on a 700wx with only 2 bars of signal. Still getting 30fps.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDA_Ac0T0Rg

If anyone wants to throw up a video of Orb on a 700p streaming digital cable, we can kind of get a better idea of differences.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    BTW,

Here is Slingbox on a 700wx with only 2 bars of signal. Still getting 30fps.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDA_Ac0T0Rg

If anyone wants to throw up a video of Orb on a 700p streaming digital cable, we can kind of get a better idea of differences.
    Wow, that's mighty impressive. Just goes to show how so far back the Palm OS is in relation to today's WM.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    As you wish... Here's a Sprint 700p with Kinoma 4 running Orb 2.0
    Streaming digital cable

Last edited by BlkAv8r; 11/25/2006 at 05:19 PM.
    offtopic: Wow thanks for posting the video. Now it is time to go setup orb and etc.

Thanks again.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I have a spirnt 700p and using orb 1.0. with windows media. Video loooked good but I had the 10 second problem. I tried to install orb 2.o and I could not downdoad .asx file. I don't understand how the video in youtube works for another sprint 700p using orb 2.o? Please let me know if somebody has the answear?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

For me, it was simple. I wanted Slingbox. I wanted to be able to listen to streaming Windows Media Audio in the background (xm radio). 700p couldn't do either (yet), but the 700wx could.
    Kinoma 4 allows you to listen in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by circpro View Post
    Kinoma 4 allows you to listen in the background.
    Unless something has changed recently, I don't think it does. (background = while using other apps, not just with the screen off).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.