Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'm about to pull the trigger on either the 650 or 680 but I just wanted confirmation on the quality of reception, since there is no antenna on the 680, how's the reception on Cingular in comparison to the 650?

Thanks in advance guys.
    I have be using the 680 for the last couple of days on Cingular. Reception is slightly better and call quality is significantly better than the 650 .
    Where did you get the 680? Do the Cingular stores have them?
    I can confirm also that the call quality, speakerphone and radio signal is better. This is a great improvement from my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    I can confirm also that the call quality, speakerphone and radio signal is better. This is a great improvement from my 650.

I would have to agree with the last 2 posts. I am getting sigfificantly better reception in my home market (I have not traveled yet due to holiday). The voice clarity on both sides (my side and person I am talking to) is also significantly better. This, coupled with the improved browsing make it a true upgade IMHO.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Has anyone been using their Treo 680 with a bluetooth car kit or BT headset? Does the improved reception/clarity transfer to the BT devices?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    Has anyone been using their Treo 680 with a bluetooth car kit or BT headset? Does the improved reception/clarity transfer to the BT devices?
    I have seen an increase in quality with the 680 on a BT headset. Overall, the voice quality is much improved over the 650.
    Thanks JRoD_E,

I just hope the unlocked 680 I ordered will have the same improvements as the Cingular ones. (ie., something in the Cingular ROM software that improves reception with their network.)
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses.