1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having trouble viewing incoming SMS'. The msg notification comes up but when i press "go to" i get the endless white screen. I am able to hit another hard key and goto home or the phone aplication. When I goto the SMS there is no msg in the inbox but the test msg i sent is in the sent box. The only third party app i have on board is agendus premier.
    Quote Originally Posted by instpasr View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble viewing incoming SMS'. The msg notification comes up but when i press "go to" i get the endless white screen. I am able to hit another hard key and goto home or the phone aplication. When I goto the SMS there is no msg in the inbox but the test msg i sent is in the sent box. The only third party app i have on board is agendus premier.
    I have had NO problems sending or receiving SMS messages. I have sent and received several over the last 2 days with no issues.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I had a similar (if not exactly the same). It's Agendus, sort of. Delete the Iambic mail application. Reset. Then go in to Agendus' preferences [Options, Preferences, Programs] and make sure the Palm messaging is handling SMS.

It worked for me.

MadMax
  4.    #4  
    yep, that did it? I already have a ticket in with iambic so i'll have to let them know it was the mail app. Any suggestions on a replacement mail app in the mean time.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    yep, that did it? I already have a ticket in with iambic so i'll have to let them know it was the mail app. Any suggestions on a replacement mail app in the mean time.

VersaMail comes with the 680 doesn't it?
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
    VersaMail comes with the 680 doesn't it?
    Yes, Versamail comes with the 680, and it is MUCH more stable than it ever was on the 650. Plus, it has a new setup wizard on the PC that makes it extremely easy to (here it comes)...set it....and forget it!!!!

I set up Goodlink as soon as I got my 680, but the next thing I did was to set up 4 vesamail accounts and it has been working flawlessly. Dare I say, I have not had a single reset (other than performing one my self after setting up Goodlink) since I have had the 680!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  7.    #7  
    i just set up versa mail....worked fine but i had to do some tweaking to get it to work with my .mil email address.
    nice nice nice o havent had any problems with mine
    heheh new treo 680

9.    #9  
    works like a charm now....but versa mail sucks in comparrison to iambic mail
    Agendus made for 650 tried to intercept some telephony stuff. The API intercepts are not the same on 680. Several other threads name Agendus as a buggy app for 680. You will need an updated version from the software maker.
    works like a charm now....but versa mail sucks in comparrison to iambic mail
    I use Snapper and notice not many people are talking about it anymore - I needed SSL security and it was the product at the time to handle it. Will Versamail handle connections over SSL and alternate ports?
    I use Snapper and notice not many people are talking about it anymore - I needed SSL security and it was the product at the time to handle it. Will Versamail handle connections over SSL and alternate ports?
    I still use snapper on my 650 and will probably use it on my 680.

The reasons you dont here about it much is that. it hasnt been updated in a while (except for small bug fixes), and once you do mention a specific group will come along and praise another email client.

BTW, I say probably because I think I might want to go native and use versamail. I might not even install agendus, which I have been using since the treo 270.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    BTW, I say probably because I think I might want to go native and use versamail. I might not even install agendus, which I have been using since the treo 270.
    For me Versamail is just about unusable. It is dreadfully slow, but maybe it's just because I'm a pack-rat and have a huge email account. Of course the version on the 680 might be better, but just last week I opened up VersaMail on my 650 to try to test something and almost ended up throwing the 650 across the room

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    I still use snapper on my 650 and will probably use it on my 680.
    <SNIP>
    We have similar usage since I have been using Agendas for many years and iterations. I cannot live without that level of contact>calendar integration and it baffles me that Palm has not included that feature in all it's many 'upgrades'. There are many parts of the Palm OS that I have not seen change since my PalmIII and sadly contacts is one of them - sure they added a few new fields to sync and the biggest change is to add it as part of the phone app - seriously woop-de-doo. Not only do I always assign a user with a calendar event but also the todo's and I always use the history feature to see when the last time I saw or spoke to someone was.

I love Snapper and it handles my mix of IMAP, POP and SSL needs effortlessly. I also applaud them for not adding unnecessary features and focusing on keeping their product solid. Email is one of those things that just needs to work right and all the time.