1. cvt
    Hi.
    i know that the blackberry connect for the 680 is under 'evaluation' by palm. i have a few questions re. BBC for 650 w/ 680.

1. Has anyone tried to download the cingular bb for 680 using their 680 serial code? if so, does it (a) install and (b) work
    2. Does anyone know that would the cingular bb connect work on unlocked 680s (assuming it 1 above worked?)

i am about to get a 680 as a replacement to my blackberry 8700 and this is really important to me.

many thanks,
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I've got the same question so I'm looking foward to any feedback also.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
  3. cvt
    oh. and one more question. if the bb connect, does it allow concurrent connections? thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cvt View Post
    oh. and one more question. if the bb connect, does it allow concurrent connections? thanks!
    Would love to hear the answer to this as well.
    elbastardocalvo
  5. cvt
    I wrote to Palm and got this reply. I cant believe it doesnt work. HAS ANYONE TRIED THE 650 SOFTWARE ON THEIR 680?..?

You can imagine what I am going to put on the Customer Satisfaction!

....the Blackberry Connect Software will not work with the Treo 680 Smartphone. It will only work with Treo™ 650 Smartphone. I suggest that you subscribe to our worldwide Palm newsletter so that we can immediately notify you about new released patches and updates. You have the option of signing up to the latter by going to the link provided below.

http://palm.m0.net/m/p/plm/smp/p.asp <http://palm.m0.net/m/p/plm/smp/p.asp>

We want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support <http://www.palm.com/us/support>

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.
    Nuts. I was hoping to come back to PalmOS if this worked. Maybe I'll venture into the 750v. I miss the Treo form factor.
  7. cvt
    hi. i tried the 750v originally. I found the BB a bit flakey. The biggest issue was that WM5 cant have concurrent connections so if you surf the web or use your data connection, your BB is switched off as the connection is closed. Personally, i found that really annoying... I am sure that bb will be up soon. fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvt View Post
    hi. i tried the 750v originally. I found the BB a bit flakey. The biggest issue was that WM5 cant have concurrent connections so if you surf the web or use your data connection, your BB is switched off as the connection is closed. Personally, i found that really annoying... I am sure that bb will be up soon. fingers crossed.
    That's how it was with BB Connect on the 650. To surf you would need to disconnect the BB connection.
  9. cvt
    really. i thought it allowed concurrent connections...
    Was on Cingular's introductory call to the Treo 680 yesterday (12/7/06). One of the questions to Cingular/Palm was "will 680 be compatible with BBC" - the answer they gave was "YES". Sounds like a matter of time until a 680 version will be available.
    I got this the other day from an insider:
    I don't know when BBC for 680 will be released, but it is in active development/certification.
    I hope it's out soon though. Getting tired of pulling my email from my Domino server...

Cheers,
    Todd