1.    #1  
    Do you think 10 MB is enough for the Treo680? Do you still get some sort of discount even if you don't buy the unlimited package? Lastly, can I use my mom's upgrade on my line?

Thanks
    Yes you can use your mom's. When you get her "new" phone all you will need to do is swap the sim card from your old phone to the new one. Hopefully she's happy with the phone she has, so shes not scr**** when and if she wants a new one..........FYI on average I use 38MB a month. This is averaged over the past 24 month's, and I use the internet quite a bit. For most average users 10MB should be more than enough.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    i disagree, the 10MB plan is not enough. You go to engadget once and you've already eaten 500k+.

If you decide to go ahead and do it, I suggest you use Opera Mini for all of your browsing, as it compresses all web content before sending it to you.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    i disagree, the 10MB plan is not enough. You go to engadget once and you've already eaten 500k+.

If you decide to go ahead and do it, I suggest you use Opera Mini for all of your browsing, as it compresses all web content before sending it to you.
    Huh??? I went to engadget, surfed for about 20 minutes and managed only 87k? How in the heck are you getting over 500k???? Are you going via wap, or the standard....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I've got 5mb on my Treo and it meets my needs. I check my email about once a day and every so often check weather radar.

I'd give it a try and after a month, if it's not enough, adjust your service accordingly.
  6.    #6  
    I guess if you want to use apps like google maps a larger plan may be necessary.
    Opening blazer and typing www.engadget.com. In Opera's compressed mode, it says 367k, in standard Blazer it's a lot more.

if all you do is download a few email headers, i agree, it's probably more than enough. But run that google maps app once and you'll burn through those kilobytes pretty quickly.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I opened wap.engadget.com through blazer and it is only 5.8k, any website you go to, always try going wap, not www, you'll be amazed how many are configured to run in the wap enviornment and you'll run about 10% the traffic as you do standard. Like I said 10MB is more than enough for the average user.......don't be surpsrised though if when you get your "new" toy, your first few months are a higher usage - then after the "fun" factor wears off, you will be well below the 10MB - guarenteed!
  9.    #9  
    If you have a 1 yr contract for unlimited can you downgrade to 10MB after a month or two?
    With Cingular, you can only upgrade w/o penalty. The reason they want you to have the unlimited plan is to garuntee they will receive $20 or $40 each month for a year. I figure if they do let you downgrade, it would work in their favor because you are more likely then not to go over. Just my 0.02
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    For data, it really depends on how you use the Treo. I have a 650 right now and sync my email, calendar and contacts. I also look at alot of web sites and download images from friends emails to view on the Treo. Because of this, my average monthly data usage is about 40mb, peaking out at 65 when I start linking the Treo to a pc. I would not buy a 10mb data plan, that is a recipe for getting overage charges for sure. Unlimited data, $19.99 is what I pay on TMobile, and that is the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by treoposer View Post
    Do you think 10 MB is enough for the Treo680? Do you still get some sort of discount even if you don't buy the unlimited package? Lastly, can I use my mom's upgrade on my line?

Thanks
  12.    #12  
    I would definitely pay $20 for unlimited, but Cingular charges twice that.