1.    #1  
    I was able to purchase my 680 from my local Cingular dealer the day before Thanksgiving! Unfortunately, I think I have already discovered a bug. I am using ZLauncher v5.42b4 with a sound Theme. All works well until I press the red power off switch on the 680. When I do this, the screen shuts off but the shutdown sound repeats continually until I turn the unit back on. A soft reset did not help. This makes me wonder if the unit is actually turning off and if my battery will end up draining sooner than expected (which I'm sure it will). The continual "off sound" is also annoying! I can turn off the sound, but I'm concerned that there may be an issue of the 680 never really turning off. I'm wondering if anyone out there is experiencing (or can reproduce) the same issue?
    I would take out ZLauncher and see if it duplicates.....doesn't sound like a bug to me, sounds like a conflict with ZLauncer to me.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    The current beta of ZLauncher has the known sound bug and will be fixed whenever the next release comes out. The bug is that the sound will continue to sound...It was fun to play with though. Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The current beta of ZLauncher has the known sound bug and will be fixed whenever the next release comes out. The bug is that the sound will continue to sound...It was fun to play with though. Ben
    Thanks Ben... I was not aware of the ZLauncher sound bug... I never had a problem with this on my Treo 650.
    You could disable the sound.. It was annoying to me personally..
    i actually had the same issue with a 700p the beta did somehow fix this issue...but disabling it was my only fix.