Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been told that the 680 won't be available in my local stores until next week. They are available through the Premiere Service now.

Should I wait until they are in the stores or go ahead and order one through Palm's Premiere Service?

Has anyone ordered through the Premiere Service? If I order through the web, I think I'll wait until Friday afternoon just in case my local store doesn't mysteriously find the 680s hidden in inventory.

Also.... I noticed the Premiere Service offers the 680 without the camera. Any benefit to this?
    I got it for $275 + $18 upgrade - $25 discount. Free 2nd day shipping.

I ordered the non-camera version because many customers I visit don't allow cameras on site (and I never used the camera on my 650 anyway).

Just my $.02.
    Dennis G. Esler
  3.    #3  
    Scouter...
    Did cingular give you an estimated shipping date?
    Just curious: what is Palm's Premiere Service??
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Scouter...
    Did cingular give you an estimated shipping date?
    They said 3-5 days, but being today is a holiday, I am curoius to see what happens when I look at the order status Friday or Monday. (By the way, 2 day Fedex delivery was free.)
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by ydyzzm View Post
    Our company has a contract with Cingular as their wireless provider. Their Premier site is set up with our company's discounts and contract prices.
    Dennis G. Esler
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ydyzzm View Post
    Premiere Service is offered to employees through agreements with thier employer. I don't know if private industry employers are included but I have access as a government employee. My guess there are some private industry companies involved as well as governmental agencies.

Through the Service you get some discounts on equipment (even though the retail store has better prices at times) and some discounts on services.
  8.    #8  
    Ordered mine through the Premiere Services site. Shipping estimated in 2-5 days with FedEx 2 Day Air for free.

I called the local stores and all said they expected the 680s in stock late next week. It will be interesting to see which happens first, my order arriving or the stores getting stock.
    [QUOTE=coppertop;1132287]Ordered mine through the Premiere Services site. Shipping estimated in 2-5 days with FedEx 2 Day Air for free.QUOTE]

Coppertop, have you checked the order status lately? It had shown as "Pending". This morning it changed to "Order received and processing". Now it's back to "Pending".
    Dennis G. Esler
  10.    #10  
    Mine's been pending since yesterday afternoon.
    Finger's crossed it will ship Monday.
    Now is says:

"We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly."

????????????
    Dennis G. Esler
  12.    #12  
    One positive note... my credit card reflects the charge for the phone.
    I wonder if it is because I ordered the non-camera version?
    Dennis G. Esler
  14.    #14  
    Just to let you know... my 680 shipped yesterday.

The order status still shows "Pending" but I call to check on it this morning and the rep gave me the FedEx tracking number and it sounded like due to the volume of orders, the computer is having trouble keeping up.

Phone should be at the house tomorrow morning!
    My order status kept switching back and forth between Pending and We will begin processing your order shortly.

When I called they said the order was being held up because I selected the $19.95 Media Works bundle. I told him that was the same bundle I had for over a year with my T650. He said okay and released the order for shipment. It should ship today.
    Dennis G. Esler
  16.    #16  
    Checked Tracking and mine is on the truck, out for delivery.

Their coming from Texas via Memphis.
    Shipped today. Scheduled from Wednesday PM.
    Dennis G. Esler
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I ordered my 680 from Palm (unlocked) on 11/22 at about 8am pacific time. My 'status' on the website is still 'order received'. I just called Palm to ask about the status and the guy said it will ship in 1-2 weeks and once it does, I'll get an email! So ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    I ordered my 680 from Palm (unlocked) on 11/22 at about 8am pacific time. My 'status' on the website is still 'order received'. I just called Palm to ask about the status and the guy said it will ship in 1-2 weeks and once it does, I'll get an email! So ridiculous.
    Oh, that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post

Looks like unlocked 680's aren't ready to ship yet?
    Dennis G. Esler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast