Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cccomputing View Post
    Yup, that's HIM!
  2.    #22  
    Funny thing.

I looked up my order status and it now reads, "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly."

I double checked the tracking information and it's still on the truck, headed to the house.

Guess Cingular's computer is a little fatigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Funny thing.

I looked up my order status and it now reads, "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly."

I double checked the tracking information and it's still on the truck, headed to the house.

Guess Cingular's computer is a little fatigued.

I know companies talk about "Under Promising and Over Acheiving" but Dang!
  4.    #24  
    Got it.
    Kinda sad giving up the 650 and it will take a while to get used to the new button layout.

Scouter.... if your 680 comes with a SIM card, don't switch them out. Call the 1-866 number and activate your phone. Mine would work with the switched out SIM card but it didn't have the Cingular propietary downloads installed (i.e. voicemail number, etc.)

Once you activate it, you have to wait twenty minutes before turning on the phone. Then, I suppose the downloads will commence.

Now the hard part.... finding a case.
    Copper, thanks for the SIM card tip. My 680 is due Wednesday.

I have a Bellagio case for my 650 that I really like. I've emailed them asking if one was going to be available for the 680 - no resonse yet.

I did see a nice case on Palm's site. It's the one made by Sena for $50. I might use my $125 trade in money for that.
    Dennis G. Esler
  6.    #26  
    I'm looking at Covertec's case. Never used a horizontal case, even though my swivel holster would end up horizontal most of the time.

Whatever I get, I'll likely get another Seidio swivel holster when they come out with one for the 680.
  7. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Coppertop, I thought you went for an unlocked copper one because of your name, but you went with a graphite cingular?
  8.    #28  
    Cheaper to go with the upgrade through Cingular. Plus I like the low-key graphite a little better.

Well the wait is over, had the phone on for a couple of minutes and it works like a charm.

I like the "My Treo" feature. It's helped figure out some of the button changes. I wonder how many times I'll turn the unit off thinking I'm pushing the "menu" button.
  9.    #29  
    Just out of curiousity, I checked my order status and it now says "pending".

I bet Cingular's IT department is having fun chasing the bugs.
  10.    #30  
    It's been 24 hours since I've recieved and activated my 680. Just checked the Order Status and it still reads "Pending".
    So what color did you get? I'm wondering if anyone has gotten a non-graphite yet.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12