1.    #1  
    I thought about going with the 750v to get 3g browsing, but I am still on the AT&T Charter Plan. I figure if I stick with EDGE, Cingular can't force me to give up the plan. Has anyone on the Charter Plan tried any 3g phones? I am hoping the browsing speed of the 680 is much faster.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    The browsing might be faster on the 680 due to enhancements in it over the 650, but the EDGE speed would remain the same.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    The AT&T plan that I am on gives me 750 anytime, free night and weekend starting at 7pm, free M2M and free LD for $40/month. A second line sharing the minutes is $9, and unlimited data is $25. That is MUCH cheaper than any Cingular plan I can get. My Mom has a Cingular plan with 450 minutes, 5000 N&W starting at 9 and free LD for $40. Combining all 3 lines into one Cingular family plan with 1400 minutes, N&W starting at 9, free LD, and data for one line, increases my bill by $12/month - plus I need to make a 1 or 2 year commitment!

The Cingular rep told me that at some point in the future all AT&T users will be forced to Cingular plans but there will be incentives to prevent defection.
    Quote Originally Posted by thxac3 View Post
    I thought about going with the 750v to get 3g browsing, but I am still on the AT&T Charter Plan. I figure if I stick with EDGE, Cingular can't force me to give up the plan. Has anyone on the Charter Plan tried any 3g phones? I am hoping the browsing speed of the 680 is much faster.
    I'm on the Charter plan ($99/mo unlimited voice/sms) and have been using a 650 with EDGE for some time. My 680's on its way, purchased from Palm directly to get around SIM locking issues, but I imagine that apart from some of the memory tuning that's been done on the 680 that browsing speeds will be comparable with the 650. When the 750's released, I'll do the same and buy it unlocked. The additional, initial cash outlay for the device will be considerably less than the incremental increases in plan charges that would come from switching to an Orange side plan.

FWIW, you can still buy Blue SIMs from Cingular, but I don't imagine they'll continue doing this for much longer. I lost my 650 last week and bought a few additional SIMs from customer care just to be safe. You may need to have a high LTV (lifetime value - basically, a measure of how profitable a customer you are) to be able to do this: I was told that I'm a 5 (out of 5), but it's not clear whether that factored into the process or not.
  5.    #5  
    Elitman, did the extra Blue SIMs you bought come with your info programed into them? My old Blue SIM is showing a lot of wear from switching between phones back when I had the Treo 600. My 650 has had no major issues since I got it back in Feb 05, so the SIM card hasn't been touched for a long time. What did they charge you for the SIMs?
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.