1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me which is faster? The 700p Verizon or the Cingular 680 with Edge?

I find my Cingular 650 useless when surfing anything but the simplest websites.....and for that, I'm paying $40 a month....I want a faster experience.....and wondering if it should be the new Cingular 680 or switch to Verizon 700p?????
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    The 700p is going to be the fastest Palm OS Treo as it sports EVDO (quite a bit faster than EDGE).

You may want to take a look at Sprint, they have much more affordable data plans.
    I would go for the 700p if EVDO coverage is good in your area. If it is not, then I would go for the 680. When are outside of an EVDO area on a 700p, you drop to 1xRTT speed which is similar to EDGE speeds.

If you have good Sprint coverage in your area, I would suggest a good SERO plan as its price can't be beat.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    evdo is faster.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    The 700p is going to be the fastest Palm OS Treo as it sports EVDO (quite a bit faster than EDGE).

You may want to take a look at Sprint, they have much more affordable data plans.
    Is EDGE what my 650 uses? How do I find out about what's available in my area-is it on the provider's website?

What about the 750?
    yup Edge is what you'll get on the 680. If you go for the 750 you'll get high speed UMTS and possibly HSDPA (very few areas of coverage).

The newer Blazer is hardly an improvement over the one on the 650, it won't significantly improve the browsing experience.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    oh & yes the 650 is using Edge
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I am using VZW on EVDO w/ a 700p. I use Opera Mini as a browser most of the time because Blazer is so slow. I see a significant increase in speed using Opera. You have to use Java, but it works for me. I can't speak about Edge because I have never used it.

I did use Opera on the 650 with Java and was happy with it also. Good Luck.
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I actually think the browsing experience (using Blazer) on the 700p is WAY better than what I experienced on the 650.

Pages load 10x quicker, the "Back" and "Forward" buttons actually use the browser's cache and when switching between Blazer and another app, Blazer remembers the last page viewed from cache.

So, all that to say, the caching in Blazer on the 700p was a welcomed enhancement for me. I'll admit, the rendering is a bit to be desired when viewing "regular" web pages, but I usually limit my browsing to mobile-optimised web pages.

Just my 2