1.    #1  
    Hi all! I *finally* got myself a Treo. I have been wanting one of these for a very long time, but never really had the funds to do so. Finally, I have one in my hands I am not new to PalmOS at all. I owned quite a few PalmOS devices, the very last one being the Tapwave Zodiac. I have tons of software I collected over the years, so going with the PalmOS version of the Treo was the natural/logical choice.

My first impressions of the phone are excellent! This phone is absolutely amazing. Only gripe I had was with the speaker volume, but a quick install of VolumeCare solved that issue.

I do have a quick (actually two) quick questions. First, I installed a few applications last night, and entering the registration codes was a real pain due to the fact that the key-repeat was so sensitive. Was that program specific, or is there a setting somewhere to change the key repeat delay? Second, the internet access is quite peppy. I am wondering if there is a possibility to share the connection with a BT equiped laptop?

EDIT: Found an answer to the internet question with a quick search
    Last edited by zektor; 11/23/2006 at 06:13 AM.
    zektor,

Congrats on the new Treo and welcome.....!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I don't think there's a way to change the key repeat delay, you'll probably just need to get used to it.

For me, the transition from Graffiti to the tumboard was rough. I had become a very fast graffiti writer, but in the end, after adjusting to the thumboard, I'd prefer the thumboard over graffiti any day of the week and twice on Sundays

So just hang in there, you'll get used to it.
    Get keycaps...great program. Will help with key repeat rate and make it easier to type caps and option chars. Free too!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I miss keycaps. I can't wait till a WM5 equivalent comes out.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go after some turkey
    zektor .... welcome to the "family"

I got my 700p in June and started out using it simply as a cell phone (had never owned a PDA) but over the months have slowly developed a "just try and get it out of my hands" attitude. I use quite a few of its features quite a bit.

Enjoy.
    Long time user myself and during quiet times I like to play. Today I have been playing with Java apps - installed a bunch of games and uninstalled a bunch of games too.

Ben
  9.    #9  
    Yep, a few days now with the Treo 700p, and I am more than happy. What a great device. I registered DVD Catalyst (as the PQDVD I registered awhile back is just plain inferior to this), installed TCPMP, registered VolumeCare (this is REQUIRED in my book), and installed two or three games. I am still waiting on the 4GB SD card I ordered before I really start installing.

I really should not have waited this long to grab one of these. Fantastic all in one device for any Palm enthusiast!