Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I noticed on the 680 article on this website that the Treo 680 will not ship until December 1st. But, the Palm press release does not say this.

It says:
    "The Treo 680 smartphone, announced on Oct. 12, can be preordered today and will be available at Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1, just in time for the holidays."

This does not mean that pre-orders are not shipping until Dec 1st. Where did this shipping date info come from?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daytontp View Post
    I noticed on the 680 article on this website that the Treo 680 will not ship until December 1st. But, the Palm press release does not say this.

It says:
    "The Treo 680 smartphone, announced on Oct. 12, can be preordered today and will be available at Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1, just in time for the holidays."

This does not mean that pre-orders are not shipping until Dec 1st. Where did this shipping date info come from?
    You're right, it doesn't mean that it won't ship until the 1st. But it doesn't mean that it won't ship even later than that, either. Just by calling it a "preorder", Palm is suggesting that it won't be shipping right away. If they start shipping by the 1st, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Notice they said it will reach retail AFTER the 1st. That could be the 10th, could be the 24th. One thing it won't be is BEFORE the 1st.

But you're right; the fulfillment of preorders could come a few days sooner. Just try not to get your hopes up.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    im taking the worse case scenario...and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    You're right, it doesn't mean that it won't ship until the 1st. But it doesn't mean that it won't ship even later than that, either. Just by calling it a "preorder", Palm is suggesting that it won't be shipping right away. If they start shipping by the 1st, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Notice they said it will reach retail AFTER the 1st. That could be the 10th, could be the 24th. One thing it won't be is BEFORE the 1st.

But you're right; the fulfillment of preorders could come a few days sooner. Just try not to get your hopes up.

Good thing I ordered mine last night then, or really early this morning.
    I called the San Francisco Palm store today. The guy said that they would have the colored unlocked 680's before the website would deliver them. I am not sure who to believe but i can wait till the store gets them in. I kinda want to wait and see a crimson one before i buy it.
    I noticed on the 680 article on this website that the Treo 680 will not ship until December 1st.
    i noticed the same thing.

but dec 1st is the out side of the 1-2 week for delivery window.

i hope they start shipping next week.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokecan View Post
    I called the San Francisco Palm store today. The guy said that they would have the colored unlocked 680's before the website would deliver them. I am not sure who to believe but i can wait till the store gets them in. I kinda want to wait and see a crimson one before i buy it.
    Which store? The new one in the San Francisco Centre? I may have to stop by and get a gander at the colors myself. I doubt he's right about getting them before they ship from the web, but if he is, I'm more than happy to cancel my web order.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i noticed the same thing.

but dec 1st is the out side of the 1-2 week for delivery window.

i hope they start shipping next week.
    December 1st is right in the middle of the 1-2 week for delivery window. December 5th would be 2 weeks exactly.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I ordered one and hope that it doesnt get delayed any further.
    Does anyone who ordered from Palm know if they have a signature requirement on the package? I'm moving buildings at work on December 11th and I'd rather ship it home to avoid the confusion over which building to ship to but no one is home during the day at my house to sign.
    Palm typically ships UPS - which means you can have your driver waive all signatures - if you know him/her.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.