1.    #1  
    Can I just hotsync to upgrade or should I start from scratch and reinstall everything? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Can I just hotsync to upgrade or should I start from scratch and reinstall everything? Thanks.
    You need to reinstall everything. There is a new version of the Palm Desktop software with the 680. It may quaratine a few of your 650 programs deemed unable to run on the 680 into a file called "Palmos5incompatibleapps" (it pulled 9 off of mine - stuff I have been carrying over from palm to palm).
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Matt,

Would you be so kind as to list those nine apps it marked as incompatible, as I believe this is rather pertinent information for those of us upgrading from older devices. Thank you.

skilllllllz
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz View Post
    Matt,

Would you be so kind as to list those nine apps it marked as incompatible, as I believe this is rather pertinent information for those of us upgrading from older devices. Thank you.

skilllllllz
    CardEngine_Library.PRC
    ConnectionMgr50DB.PDB
    DSLib.PRC
    Grafitti_ShortCuts_.PRC
    HSTraceDatabase.PDB
    ImageLib_imageDB.PDB
    ImageLib_mainDB.PDB
    NetworkDB.PDB
    VSync.PRC

Those are the files that were excluded. I dont know enough at all to know about these programs and their significance. I will leave that to others in this forum.

-Matt
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    MattM2G,
    Is there anything earth shattering to the new version of Palm Desktop, or just a new release number with no visible changes????
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    MattM2G,
    Is there anything earth shattering to the new version of Palm Desktop, or just a new release number with no visible changes????
    I dont use the Paln desktop too much, but as far as I can tell, it is just a new release.

There is now, in programs, a bunch of new stuff:

A new Versamail setup wizard that makes it a snap to setup Versamail accounts.

A "PIM Conduit Sync" so you can change your synch from outlook to palm and back easily

A "Palm Safe HotSync" - Not sure about this one yet...I am not even half way through the manual yet. I had to squeeze 5 days of work into 3 days this week. I will have lots of time to read the manual and play over the long weekend!!!
    Rewards Network

Mac users...
    Do NOT install the Palm Desktop software on your Mac unless you don't plan on uninstalling it. It hard as heck to remove. Go buy Missing Sync instead. PC users are OK.
    Is that VSync for Vindigo? Does that mean Vindigo does not work?
    Can anyone confirm if BackupMan and Verichat will run on the 680 without having to patch or update? Thanks.

Just ordered the Artic 680. Would have preferred a Black or Stainless Steel 680. I guess this can tie me over until the 750 comes along.
    We are all dead, we just don't know it yet.
    its always best to start from scratch.

rename the backup folder.
    install desktop.
    and then sync new device.
    install programs one at a time.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.