1.    #1  
    Hey All... Just picked up the 680 at my local cingular store. They had five in stock when I arrived. By the time I left two had been sold!

The new phone screen takes a little while to get used to. I installed Good Link. Is there a way to get the contacts Icon on the phone screen to default to my goodlink contacts?

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by fryem1220 View Post
    Hey All... Just picked up the 680 at my local cingular store. They had five in stock when I arrived. By the time I left two had been sold!

The new phone screen takes a little while to get used to. I installed Good Link. Is there a way to get the contacts Icon on the phone screen to default to my goodlink contacts?

Thanks for the help!
    I set up Goodlink, and the GMM software automatically set the contacts Icon to default to Goodlink contacts!!! I would check your Goodlink settings. I think you can go into preferences and set it in "buttons" as well.
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
  3.    #3  
    Still a no go... anyone else have an idea?
    What is GoodLink anyway?
    How helpful it is to 680 or 650 users?
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad92 View Post
    What is GoodLink anyway?
    How helpful it is to 680 or 650 users?
    http://www.good.com

Everything you need to know.

Search this forum as well.
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    There is no Goodlink preference to select Good contact manager versus Palm contact manager app
    On my Treo 650 I was able to follow the workaround to restore the built-in Palm address book: you use FileZ to delete the "Good Address Book.prc" and contacts now work normally. Unfortunately, I just tried this on my 680 and while my contacts work normally in Goodlink, whenever I try to launch the built-in address book I just get a blank screen. I am so pissed right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhz157 View Post
    On my Treo 650 I was able to follow the workaround to restore the built-in Palm address book: you use FileZ to delete the "Good Address Book.prc" and contacts now work normally. Unfortunately, I just tried this on my 680 and while my contacts work normally in Goodlink, whenever I try to launch the built-in address book I just get a blank screen. I am so pissed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DNATT View Post
    Use Filez and modify the attributes of the GoodLinkPhoneView Change the type from PhVw to PhVg to enable palm contacts.

Hope that helps.

I got this from another 680 thread. I dont think you are supposed to delete anything in FileZ, but rather Change the file. I hope you can get it figured out.
    Rewards Network

My IT department is installing the Good Link software on my 680 right now (I guess they don't trust me to do it myself). I had it on the 650 previously.

This is what I did to restore my contacts on my 650:
    1) Hotsync
    2) Delete the Good Link's contact app. It should be called " Contacts" <--note the space in front, it should toward the top of your Delete list
    3) Temporarily change the Hotsync settings for the contacts to "Desktop overwrites Handheld"
    4) HotSync again
    5) Update my button settings in the preferences.

I was still able to access my work contacts through the Good Link's main menu.

I'll post in a couple of hours (the IT department isn't all that fast) if it works as well on my 680.
    Cingular 680
    Friends, i've used goodlink for years and have always been able to adjust the screen font/size but for some reason i can't find it in my preferences (version 4.8 1 .14)

thanks in advance
    just as an fyi, i simply chose "desktop overrides handheld" on the contacts setting and was able to populate my palm contacts succesfully. i had it on "synchronize" and it would not work that way.

regards
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPsycho View Post
    My IT department is installing the Good Link software on my 680 right now (I guess they don't trust me to do it myself). I had it on the 650 previously.

This is what I did to restore my contacts on my 650:
    1) Hotsync
    2) Delete the Good Link's contact app. It should be called " Contacts" <--note the space in front, it should toward the top of your Delete list
    3) Temporarily change the Hotsync settings for the contacts to "Desktop overwrites Handheld"
    4) HotSync again
    5) Update my button settings in the preferences.

I was still able to access my work contacts through the Good Link's main menu.

I'll post in a couple of hours (the IT department isn't all that fast) if it works as well on my 680.
    Hey, it worked on my new 680. 2 questions, if you don't mind: 1. how can my button on the phone for calendar go to my treo/palm calendar instead of my goodlink calendar? 2. how can the contacts icon on the phone main screen go to my goodlink contacts instead of my treo/palm contacts?

Your solution worked because before we tried it, both my goodlink contacts and my treo/palm contacts icon both went directly to my goodlink contacts. You helped a lot! THANKS!
    Hello all,

I did the following SIMPLE steps in my Treo and it fixed this problem of 'TreoContact' TakeOver by 'GoodLink Contact' Issue:

1. Go to the main application window.
    2. Go to the Menu on top and select Delete.
    3. Scroll down to the item named "Goodlink_PhoneView_XXXXXX".
    4. Delete this.
    5. Resync the device.

Hari