Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Any of you having this with the 680? Just picked mine up today, and I am hearing a rattling noise inside it. Thought it was the stylus banging around, but after removing that, it still can be heard. Sounds like a little piece of plastic sliding around.

Wanted to check with you all, before I head back to the store.

Jerod
    Maybe you got one of the one's with the disconnect microphone. :P
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Haha. It's the first thing I thought of, but my calls are going through just fine. Quality is great on both ends. I am assuming it is just a cosmetic thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoD_E View Post
    Any of you having this with the 680? Just picked mine up today, and I am hearing a rattling noise inside it. Thought it was the stylus banging around, but after removing that, it still can be heard. Sounds like a little piece of plastic sliding around.

Wanted to check with you all, before I head back to the store.

Jerod
    Gave mine a shake...no rattle...you better roll.....(back to the store).

Hope they have one that they can swap...I would not want to part with mine!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Don't settle. Take it back. If u only had $190 on the CC u paid with I'm sure Palm wouldn't let u slide.
    I would hurry and get back there before they sell them out.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Are you talking about the litlle rattle possibly the 5 way navigational key and some of the others have a bit of play with them, in turn making a noise when you shake them? i have always had this issue with many other phones. my 680 does it, I just didn't think it was a big deal....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave080373 View Post
    Are you talking about the litlle rattle possibly the 5 way navigational key and some of the others have a bit of play with them, in turn making a noise when you shake them? i have always had this issue with many other phones. my 680 does it, I just didn't think it was a big deal....
    No, it sounds like something inside the ear piece is rattling. Heading back to exchange it.
    Sounds like your are speaking of something different, let me know how you make out with the return, I am curious how receptive they are.....
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave080373 View Post
    Sounds like your are speaking of something different, let me know how you make out with the return, I am curious how receptive they are.....
    I just don't ever recall hearing this with the 650. Perhaps I am on crack. If the next one doesn't rattle, I will be happy.
    Let me know..... My 650 did not either, it was other phones I was speaking of, latest being the side buttons on my RAZR.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Exchanged......No rattle on this one.

I suggest you all giving your 680's a little shake before leaving the store.
    Glad to hear you got it exchanged. I called 15 different Cingular stores in my area and none of them have them onsite. I will be there on Friday morning because Cingular is doing a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" promotion so I will get two IF they have them. Looking forward to being first in line at 7:00 AM PST Friday morning......
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com