Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    So it says in the cingular release that this will be able to use the TeleNav feature does this mean that it has a built in GPS reciver or will you have to buy a bluetooth reciever? Just wondering thanks for the help.
    I think that's an over the air monthy fee type.
    http://www.telenav.com/about/pr/pr-20061122.html
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Right I know its an over the air fee type of program but do I need to buy a gps reciever or does the 680 have a built in gps reciever? I guess my main question is is there a way that I could get the tomtom software and not have to buy an external gps reciever? I dont want to pay 10 bucks a month (telanav) for something I could just buy outright (TomTom) and use as much as I want.
    You will have to buy a Bluetooth GPS receiver. The Treo 680, in fact the entire Treo family, does not have a built in GPS receiver.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You will need to pay $10 a month for the telenav service, and purchase a gps receiver. Or purchase another sd card based gps software, along with a gps receiver. Either way, you will need to purchase a receiver. No built in GPS on the 680. Personally, I don't think $10 a month is a bad deal, for having current maps, restaurant finder, atm finder, etc.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. I figured it didnt because I hadnt seen anything in any of the spec sheets for it but when cingular said it was telenav ready it gave me some hope As for paying the $10 a month for the updated features that doesnt really appeal to me plus I will probably just download a cracked version of tomtom with bittorrent ... to test it out.