1.    #1  
    I dont have the insurance, so i'll say that first. Last night I dropped my treo 700p in some sgetti sauce, just a little, but some of the bottons have a tint to them. So I was wondering if there is anyone with detailed instructions that could walk me through how to take the treo apart. I tried, and got about half way and didnt want to go much futher. Any help would be loved deeply, thanks!~

PS, I am a firefighter, very computer stupid
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I wouldn't recommend it, but all you have to do is take battery, stylus, and sd out, unscrew all the little screws, including the one under the rubber cover near antenna(warning, this screw has a seal on it, so they'll know its been open) then once all the screws are out, you may use your firgernails to pop it open. Be careful though, it only opens one way, like a book. The white keyboard has 2 more screws on the inside, remove these and your golden, there is a rubber screen which goes behind the actual keys and the keyboard matrix. Don't lose it. Clean with something safe and put it back together, being carefull of the keys alignment, especially the side volume buttons.

I assume no responsibility for damage, but this is a first hand account from memory of dismantling. good luck with whatever you decide.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Another good example of why six bucks a month for insurance should be mandatory for any Treo owner.

Good luck in degunking it - at least it wasn't chicken soup!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    If you are missing any screws, (this was a problem on the 650) let me know and I'll send you a replacement. I need to know if 650 screws fit the 700 (yes, I sell them...cheap!!).
    PM or email me: adz1966@sprintpcs.com.
    The 700p comes apart almost exactly the same as the 650. There's a "take apart the 650" video online somewhere, if I don't post a link first I'm sure someone else will.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Another good example of why six bucks a month for insurance should be mandatory for any Treo owner.

Yea, I had it, Yea, they cancelled me like a bad date

Used it more then twice in one year, I didnt know this, but thats bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    or beans
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Phone insurance is an overpriced SCAM!
    Um... not really, it's only like $6 a month for peace of mind. I've had to use it before & it saved me over $500 so I don't think it's a scam.
    I had a 700wx replaced free from the Sprint store because it was defective. It was a great deal in my case.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  11.    #11  
    Well clean up is complete and a its still working! Thanks for the help guys!
    Nice!

I know how excited you must feel. I felt so thrilled when I took my T650 apart to attach a lanyard and put it back together and it worked!

Great job!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I was in a car accident got a cracked screen replaced it for only 50 bucks.
    Ymeagle

Treo 700p Sprint Favorite apps in order: phone, navigator (tomtomGPS) , NV Backup, Docstogo, Versa, keycaps, minitones, PdaNet, Butler, palmPDF, volcare, AOL im, DA, BOLD MEANS FREE
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Nice!

I know how excited you must feel. I felt so thrilled when I took my T650 apart to attach a lanyard and put it back together and it worked!

Great job!
    haha, yea I was at work when I did this, but nobody could understand why I was so happy. I felt like a god!
    ymeagle,

where did you get your $50 screen replacement?
    He meant got new device for $50. Insurance deductible, I'm sure. Hope I'm right...;-D
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I had a 700wx replaced free from the Sprint store because it was defective. It was a great deal in my case.
    Shouldn't they replace that free due to it being defective or did you have to pay the $50 deductible? I would assume defective phones are free per manufacturer
    I believe his exact words were "replaced free"
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers