1.    #1  
    I know this has been asked several times. Could someone help with the setup of Exchange ActiveSync? Error message = AirSAMstate
    Hey, I'm not sure if this old thread helps, but for what it's worth....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=AirSAMstate

Good luck
    What specifically is the issue with the setup? What are you trying to do?

I have an Exchange Server 2003 box set up and I use Versamail 3.5 with a 650 to do over the air sync of contacts, calendar, and email (inbox and sent folder). Works well.

A practical warning. Microsoft sends updates to the operating system on the server. All the time. I mean ALL the time. There's something odd that occurs. As soon as there is a server OS update queued up and ready to install the over the air sync starts to get manky. So if I have connection troubles the first place I look now is on the server. Sure enough there will be updates. Install, reboot server, and go.

Another practical warning. With Versamail 3.5 you need an SSL certificate. Versamail 3.5 (unlike 3.0) won't let you use a self-generated certificate. You have to buy one. I bought one from GoDaddy for $20. Search on TC for GoDaddy and SSL and variations on that theme and you'll turn up posts I have made on my travails with this and how I solved it. This was a WM5 issue, though, with my SDA and Dash. I don't recall a problem with PalmOS. (Hahahahahahaha all you PalmOS anti-fanboys! Neener Neener!).
    I hate AirSAMState errors, by the way. Could Palm POSSIBLY be more cryptic?
    How are you doing over the air sync of contacts, calendar, and email (inbox and sent folder) with Versamail and your 650? I have the latest firmware on my VZW 650 and the lastest Versamail and am only able to sync my Calender and Inbox OTA on my 2003 server.

I'm also using a self signed cert with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by audit View Post
    How are you doing over the air sync of contacts, calendar, and email (inbox and sent folder) with Versamail and your 650?
    Yeah - I thought we could only sync Calendar and email?

I bought Intellisync to allow me to sync contacts and tasks as well, but now I'm not so sure if Intellisync does what I thought it would: Allow me to sync contacts and tasks wirelessly, no bluetooth, no hotsync, just using exchange...? Was I wrong? about Intellisync?
    Versamail 3.5 allows much more as far as options to sync. I just can't get it working on my VZW 650 with the latest firmware. I downloaded the 700p CD and used the Versamail off that. I wouldn't think there would be any issues since on Palms site, it says that it's compatable with the 650/700p
    I have seen other threads that say that Verizon's Wireless Express (or whatever they call it--I don't have Verizon) can be the culprit in OTA sync problems. If so, I'm guessing it is because you'd like your Treo to do the OTA sync via Versamail, and Verizon's network has a Different Idea About How Things Should Be Done.