View Poll Results: Select the color you are going to order.

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arctic

32 23.53%
  • Copper

30 22.06%
  • Graphite

53 38.97%
  • Crimson

21 15.44%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    arctic!

Palm Vx->Palm m505->Palm Tungsten T3
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Maybe Navy Blue. not that Funky Gay Blue in your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post
    Now Navy Blue is a color I would jump at!! Like the Vodaphone Treo 750V!!
    Def. would've gotten dark/navy blue if it was there...however I chose graphite just because the trimmings on the sides of ALL the treo 680s are still grey!
    If they were say copper/red/artic right through (apart from the keys) I might've gone for one...the graphite looks most uniform and hence sleek to me.
    Last edited by bruckwine; 11/28/2006 at 11:05 AM.
    Blue -- if they had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Def. would've gotten dark/navy blue if it was there...howeverr I chose graphite just because the trimmings on the sides of ALL the treo 680s are still grey!
    If they were say copper/red/artic right through 9apart from the keys) I might've gone for one...the graphite looks most uniform and hence sleek to me.
    I am really liking the Graphite (like i had a choice as an early adopter with Cingular ) , and would have chosen it even if I had all of the color choices.

If the 750 is the same blue as the Voda 750v, I just might have to get one and have 2 PDAs!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    crimson -- glad to be in the smallest minority
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Wanted arctic (yes, I did say copper earlier!) but had to get graphite, as that's all Palm will let me have.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    ARTIC!! If it ever comes... Why did Palm only let you get graphite!!!??
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I ordered copper for me! Orange is my favorite color! (and yes I do have a couple pairs of orange pants) I ordered Arctic for the Wife.
    Palm Europe is only offering graphite right now. No colors like the U.S. website.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    ARTIC!! If it ever comes... Why did Palm only let you get graphite!!!??
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Arctic for me as well! After all the silver and black phones I've had, I thought a nice smooth white would be a refreshing change.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I wonder how dirty it will get. Maybe I will have to put some wipes in the car. Love to read the paper and eat lunch in the car.
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    I had a really hard time deciding between Crimson & Copper, but ultimately went with Copper. Those are my two fave colors!

Oh and hi, finally registered today. :P
    I kept it conservative and went with the graphite
    ordered an unlocked device in Graphite.

hec, why not...have owned everything else!
    I wanted pink, but I went with arctic. I think it will be the easiest to color and look the best with a pink skin. I will be PO'ed if Palm/Cingular releases a pink 680 after sales pick up.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    graphite
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Just visited the Palm Store @ Valley Fair (San Jose, CA). They have arctic, copper, and crimson 680s in stock. Apparently will receive their first shipment of graphite 680s next week, but they had a mock-up graphite for color comparison.

Here are my impressions on how well the colors work:

Graphite: Keys have nice sharp black lettering, very easy to read
    Crimson: Keys are "crimson" with white lettering, very easy to read
    Arctic: Keys have "graphite" lettering, not quite as easy to read
    Copper: Keys are "copper" with white lettering, very hard to read

My suggestion - even if you like the Copper color scheme, I'd pass on this choice given the very hard to read keys. It's really too bad they didn't use black lettering.

Note that the above assessments refer to the non-numeric keys. Of course, the numerics have a different/complementary color scheme. Interestingly, the white numeric keys with "copper" lettering were somewhat easier to read, but still not great. Copper just seems to be a bad color choice all around imho.
    I ordered Copper. I wanted something different than average looking Treo, and to me th Artic is still similar to graphite. Plus, if talk myself into the 750 when it comes around, I could Copper on to my son, who's favorite color is Orange
    Enjoy what you do, or do something else!
    Here's hoping that those of us who are at least slightly color blind can figure out which keys are which.

Unless, of course, you're into one of these: http://www.daskeyboard.com/
    I was going to get graphite, but after seeing copper in person, it's really sleek-looking and very do-able for me at least. It'll stand out a bit more than the graphite one and it's a welcome change from having the 600 and 650 all in graphite for all these years.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast