Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    All right, for those who already have the 680, does it have the lag, Pocket Tunes skipping, and Blazer lag that has plagued the 700P?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Let's start a class action lawsuit anyhow. J/K
    The only lag I am getting right now is with QuickNews when entering and leaving QN while music is playing in the background. Other than that, there is no lag. It is a tick slower than the 650 I have, but I attribute that to uncache being used on my 650 and nothing at all on the 680 (not willing to try uncache just yet).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Are you using Chatter w/push IMAP by any chance? If so, does it cause skipping in ptunes?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    No, I am not using Chatter. I use all 8 VersaMail accounts and with the exception of a slight pause when the data connection is made, things are nice and smooth.

Mytreo states also that the stuttering problem is gone. It seems they've gone back to the 650's memory model, except with more memory.
    I haven't loaded everything I had on my 650 on my 680 yet, so cannot make direct comparison, but so far, I have VERY LITTLE LAG AT ALL. For me the 680 is significantly faster than the 650 was, and the sound is way better, especially to the people on the other end of the line. The comments I have been getting on all my normal phone calls this morning have been asking if I am on a landline, so that is a very good sign.

For me, the quality of the phone and extra space (I have Good Mobile Messaging wchich used to take up ALL my available memory) is going to be worth the change alone.

Very, very happy so far!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    How does it perform while listening to ptunes and surfing the web?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    How does it perform while listening to ptunes and surfing the web?
    Very, very nicely indeed. I have a 1 GB card of songs that I travel with. I have been catching up on administartive stuf today for work since it's not really a productive sales day, and I have been surfing and listening to music all day. What a HUGE difference between the 650 and the 680 in this regard. There is no effect on the music while surfing and vice-versa.

I have Goodlink up and running, so my contacts and email are ready and rolling. I am having an issue with Hotsync, with which I have asked for assistance in the Hotsync forum:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129354

.....any help is appreciated!!!

Once I get that solved, I will be able to power away on the 680 the way I do on my 650. So far, I am really blown away!! I thought I was going to be underwhelmed, but I am really pleasantly surprised at how happy I am with this, well, yes, I'll say it - UPGRADE!!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    The only lag I am getting right now is with QuickNews when entering and leaving QN while music is playing in the background. Other than that, there is no lag. It is a tick slower than the 650 I have, but I attribute that to uncache being used on my 650 and nothing at all on the 680 (not willing to try uncache just yet).
    Wow you play music while running QNews? I don't dare to do that on my 700p. QuickNews is easily the slowest program. Does the music play when QNews is downloading?
    Wow you play music while running QNews? I don't dare to do that on my 700p. QuickNews is easily the slowest program. Does the music play when QNews is downloading?
    I am usually syncing QN at times when I am not listening to music. However, I can easily update a feed and not get an issue with music play. Now, going from a news feed to the webpage and back to QN whiile music is playing, that is when my 650 would literally stall for a while). The 680 hasnt had that be something tested yet.

QN is a biggie program. Hence, a mobile browser that also has a built in feed reader is at the top of my list of mobile software that would be advanteageous to have.

Opera Mini is a browser with a built-in RSS feed reader. The RSS functionality are only built into the the newest beta for version 3. You must use blazer to get it:

http://beta.mini.opera.com

Only bad part is you must be online to read 'em.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Thanks G-Funkster for that tid bit. Maybe I'll try Java with the 680. But I am not at all liking that you have to be online to read RSS. Sure that comes in handy at times, but not the way that I have envisioned using RSS.