1.    #1  
    Seems maybe I should have bought a 700W instead of a 700P. I have the release of Vista (Build 600) installed and won't be using it with my 700P anytime soon...

Dear Sir:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Roger. I understand that you want to want to know if there are any plans of having the hotsync manager support Windows Vista.

As of the moment, we still donít have any updates from our engineering department for any updates on the support for Windows Vista. I would suggest that you just visit our website from time to time for future updates.
    Knock on wood. . . . . supposedly Windows XP Media Edition is not supported either -- and I am now on my 22nd month with no glitches using a 650. . . . . and my daughter's 700p has been working for 5 months on WinXP Media Edition Laptop. . . . . .

Please. . . .no one sneeze . . . things will now go belly up for sure. . . .
    I use windows media and it works fine. The problem with Vista is there are no drivers yet for ANYTHING, I really don't think you will have much luck with the 700WX either. I think it will be a long time till you see anything working with Windows Vista. Unless you make your own drivers and thats not much fun.
    I had a 700p that I setup with the 1st public build of Vista RC1. I just used the Sprint CD that came with the phone and it installed without a hitch. I did not use the Palm desktop, but instead used Office 2003 and everything worked fine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    As I understand it, Palm will be releasing a Vista compatible version of the Palm Dekstop and HotSync Manager when Vista ships. No word on what was meant by "ship." Corporate customers are suppose to have Vista any day now. Consumers are suppose to be able to buy Vista at the end of January. So, we could be in for a short wait.

Alan G
    apparently the zune doesn't work w/ vista either
    I'm on Vista RTM and I got Office 2003 and my 700p working. I have to admit, it was a bit of pain in the *** as it created a few duplicate records and such, but it's all good now.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I'm also hoping that the next release of Palm Desktop will also take care of the PITA issues with getting it to work with XP Tablet Edition and Media Center Edition. We'll have to wait and see.

Alan G
    Well that may be becuase while vista has Mobile Device Center in the control panel it is not shipped with the capability to sync ect. I may be wrong on this but below is what I had to use to get im Treo700wx to sync with Office 2007 Ultimate Outlook on the release vesion of Vista Ultimate.

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Beta 3 for Windows Vista (x86)

This is a beta so I am wodering if this is the proper thing to use but everything I read points that way. Dont even tell me Vista was not shipped with out this being released :lol: . You no longer use Active Sync with mobile phones in Vista. You instead use the Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    According to an article on Brighthand yesterday, we should be expecting a new version of Palm Desktop from Palm early in 2007. That won't help with the WM Treos though.

Alan G