Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A Crimson 680 is being shipped overnight to me!!!

Got an email from one of the Palm PRPRPR $people$ $about$ $time$ $of$ $release$ $online$ ... $gotta$ $love$ $good$ $communication$ $skills$! $Ordered$ $mine$ $right$ $up$!
    Ordered mine too, the confirmation e-mail says it may take an additional 1 - 2 weeks to receive. We'll see. $427.93 - unlocked, delivered.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #3  
    I saw that too... but at least we're one step closer. It's ordered and no one at Palm is going to cancel it! (or at least I hope they won't!)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Ordered mine too, the confirmation e-mail says it may take an additional 1 - 2 weeks to receive. We'll see. $427.93 - unlocked, delivered.
    Not a bad price! Much less than the 650 unlocked.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm not complaining. Now I want them to release the 750 so I can buy one of those too and see which one I like better........geez, I'm never happy!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    The day has arrived and I am having trouble regarding the postal code.
    I am in Canada and it is saying that there is an error message: you must enter a 6 digit postal code which I did but their is no where to change U.S to Canada which I think is the main problem

Please help, I won't be able to sleep tonite.

Caally.
    Maybe they aren't available for Canada just yet? Is the CS number working this late? You can try calling and asking.

I just checked and the 680 is not listed on Palm's Canadian site.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    HECK, I just read the fine print. If you order on Palm.com, they are including the music pack which includes a 1GB memory card, Palm hybrid headset, and Palm Treo 680 music cd which gets you Pocket Tunes Deluxe and a free 30 day trial to Yahoo music. All I care about is the 1GB Memory Card.......sweet!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    $413.99 unlocked overnight with anti-glare\screen protectors..

Friggin finally.. geeeez. Free overnight shipping, eh?

I've never had an unlocked phone before. Why would the non-contracted subsidized Cingular phone cost $50 more than the unlocked phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    $413.99 unlocked overnight with anti-glare\screen protectors..

Friggin finally.. geeeez. Free overnight shipping, eh?

I've never had an unlocked phone before. Why would the non-contracted subsidized Cingular phone cost $50 more than the unlocked phone?
    Basically two seperate companies pricing them to their own schedule.....advantage - consumer! Also, goes to show there never was an exclusive to Cingular like EVERYONE was saying!
    My conclusion, Cingular is pulling a fast one. They do this with all their phones.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    My conclusion, Cingular is pulling a fast one. They do this with all their phones.
    Ugh, bastards.

So besides the SIM aspect and non-carrier design of unlocked, what all does an unlocked version have over a locked version?

-----Hah, you remember that PTT update coming Q1 07? I bet it's $50 cheaper because the Unlocked won't get the PTT patch.
    I still think I am going to wait for the 750...The 3G network works amaaaaazing in my area and I want to be able to download mp3 ringtones....Does the 680 even support them??? Also the camera WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!
    good point STL, but I would never USE it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    I still think I am going to wait for the 750...The 3G network works amaaaaazing in my area and I want to be able to download mp3 ringtones....Does the 680 even support them??? Also the camera WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!
    Affirm on the 680 supporting the ringtones......
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    good point STL, but I would never USE it anyways.
    PTT was one of the reasons I'm settling with the 680's specs. Without it, I'm returning the phone and getting the 750.
    Do u all think Palm will do the same with the 750 as far as price???? And offer an unlocked version??? anyone? anyone?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    The 750 will be much more expensive unlocked. Hopefully they release it within 30 days so I can return the 680 if it sucks.

I hope it doesn't suck.. damn I spend too impulsively.
    are u getting the unlocked one????
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Definately, it's $50 cheaper.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast