Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm happy to say that I ordered mine earlier today as well. Like so many of you I was and still am a loyal T-Mobile guy. I had the 600 but it just wasn't cutting it, so I ditched it and got the SDA from T-Mobile. I thought I was happy (I guess I was only fooling myself) with it until the talk of the unlocked 680 came about. $399 is sort of high (if you ask my wife ), but I just had to have the 680, especially since it is a significant update from the 600. I'm glad I waited it out instead of going with another carrier just in order to get the 650 or the 700. I'm back in the Treo game now. Can't wait until my new baby arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarr3 View Post
    I'm happy to say that I ordered mine earlier today as well. Like so many of you I was and still am a loyal T-Mobile guy. I had the 600 but it just wasn't cutting it, so I ditched it and got the SDA from T-Mobile. I thought I was happy (I guess I was only fooling myself) with it until the talk of the unlocked 680 came about. $399 is sort of high (if you ask my wife ), but I just had to have the 680, especially since it is a significant update from the 600. I'm glad I waited it out instead of going with another carrier just in order to get the 650 or the 700. I'm back in the Treo game now. Can't wait until my new baby arrives.
    I know the monthly price is lower for tmobile, but I am sick of the slow data speed. I took the rebates and switched to cingular.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor View Post
    I know the monthly price is lower for tmobile, but I am sick of the slow data speed. I took the rebates and switched to cingular.
    Yeah, I've debated with myself constantly about switching to Cingular, but I've been happy with my service from T-Mobile since the VoiceStream days. I'll have to give the data speed with the new 680 a shot first. Hopefully it'll be tolerable.
    my total was $349 plus tax
    mine was $299 with tax.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    brick

ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    mine was $299 with tax.
    How did you get it down to $299
    Dennis G. Esler
    DO tell.
    I guess the best we can hope for is November 30th since the site was up dated today and it says shipping in one to two weeks but time will tell !!
    Nice call on the educator discount Gina. I, too could care less about the music pack. $50 is $50!
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075 View Post
    How did you get it down to $299
    developer.
    Felipe
    I ordered mine two days ago and cant wait to get it.
    This is the first formal notice I've seen which lists the shipping times, implying that these phones are not yet in stock. I guess they got worried about having people desert them for the Christmas rush but, nevertheless, it is a kind of vaporware--announcing and then taking orders on merchandise that doesn't exist yet.

http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    Data speeds on the 680 should be about the same on tmobile and cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    This is the first formal notice I've seen which lists the shipping times, implying that these phones are not yet in stock. I guess they got worried about having people desert them for the Christmas rush but, nevertheless, it is a kind of vaporware--announcing and then taking orders on merchandise that doesn't exist yet.

Felipe
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post

That link was in the confirmation email I got when I ordered.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    That link was in the confirmation email I got when I ordered.
    I have yet to receive a confirmation email. My order has been on the site for two days now, but no email.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTenTodd View Post
    Data speeds on the 680 should be about the same on tmobile and cingular.
    tmobile is not edge so how can that be.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    tmobile is not edge so how can that be.
    T-Mobile does do EDGE.
    ordered mine today....unlocked as I am a current T-Mo customer (blackberry package) and prefer not to open up yet another account with a different cell provider.
    just called them -CSR know nothing - waste of money. I think i'll check this page in 2 weeks and see if anything has changed! If not I just may cancel my order and wait until things quiet down next year and these hustlers actually have stock....
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234