Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Oh, there's an exclusive to Cingular, all right. That's why it's not being offered via T-Mobile, and that's also why Palm had to wait for Cingular to approve and be ready to ship before they could ship the unlocked version. Even now, they're making us wait an extra week.
    I just ordered mine and I saw nothing about an extra week. It says it ships out in 2-3 days. Where does this extra week come from?
    And Palm will even give you $125 for your old 650 as a trade-in - how generous.

http://web.palm.com/promos/treo650_trade_in.jhtml
    Mine is ordered in Graphite as well.

I'd say that 64mb and voice memo are worth the older Treo 650.......
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post

I'd say that 64mb and voice memo are worth the older Treo 650.......
    What exactly is voice memo?
    Voicememo is an app built into the 680 and 700p. You press in the side button for a few seconds and your Treo functions as a voice recorder.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    What exactly is voice memo?
    As Stroths pointed out - it's on the 680. You push a button and record your voice as a memo for later use.

This is great when you are on the fly and don't have time to "write" yourself a reminder.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I think I already have that with callrec--double push on the side button and I get nice voice recordings. But we'll see what kind of files the 680 makes.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    I just ordered mine and I saw nothing about an extra week. It says it ships out in 2-3 days. Where does this extra week come from?
    http://web.palm.com/support/special_shipping_msg.jhtml
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Cingular or unlocked Treo 680?

I've always purchased unlocked Treos in the past, but I'm thinking of getting the Cingular branded one this time around because of a recent experience I had with another cell phone, the Samsung d900. (The d900, if anyone's curious, is a very GSM phone with a 3 megapixel camera Very nice.) In order to be able to send MMS I had to muck around (that's the technical term) with the settings on the d900.

I wonder if the unlocked Treo 680 will require the same tweaks. Are there any special optimizations that the Cingular Treo 680 has that the unlocked 680 may lack?
    I don't know about the 680, but MMS was no problem with my 650 unlocked GSM either here or overseas, and I was using TMO which didn't "support" the 650. I don't think you'll have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    Cingular or unlocked Treo 680?

I've always purchased unlocked Treos in the past, but I'm thinking of getting the Cingular branded one this time around because of a recent experience I had with another cell phone, the Samsung d900. (The d900, if anyone's curious, is a very GSM phone with a 3 megapixel camera Very nice.) In order to be able to send MMS I had to muck around (that's the technical term) with the settings on the d900.

I wonder if the unlocked Treo 680 will require the same tweaks. Are there any special optimizations that the Cingular Treo 680 has that the unlocked 680 may lack?
    If the 680 is anything like the 650, I would have to say no. I bought an unlocked 650 and it does everything my friends Cingular 650 does without any tweaks at all. I like the unlocked versions 1. for traveling, 2. I stay out of contracts with Cingular.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Did you all see the setup guide and user manual at http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo680gsm/ ?? While you're waiting you can salivate.
  13.    #53  
    just an FYI - if you are a student, or work for a university or school, you should click on the link on the bottom left of the treo store homepage that says something like "palm store for educators"

you will get $50 off the 680 (but you won't get the free trial of yahoo music). i didn't care since i won't be using that function anyhow

my total was $349 plus tax
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    I bet I'll have mine from Palm before an order from Cingular is recieved....my .02
    Considering that several people here already have their Cingular versions (bought at a retail Cingular store) and no one has received one from Palm yet, I'll take that bet.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    For the ones that purchased from a Cigular store, did the buy one and get the second for free apply to the 680?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsun View Post
    For the ones that purchased from a Cigular store, did the buy one and get the second for free apply to the 680?

No. Not yet at least. They may be saving that for Black Friday. I did not need an additional line anyway (required for free phone), and would not be able to covert my wife away from her precious Black Razr, even if the 2nd Treo 680 were free!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Affirm on the 680 supporting the ringtones......
    Are you sure about that? The specs page says Polyphonic MIDI and WAV ringtones. No mention of MP3.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Are you sure about that? The specs page says Polyphonic MIDI and WAV ringtones. No mention of MP3.
    Dang, your killing me smalls...I stand corrected. I went back and looked, my bad I was looking at a software program that will allow MP3 for 9.99.
    On a seperate, Cingular supposedly got a limited number of phones for their retail stores, but the ones you order online will be shipped out the same time the Palm.com orders will!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Dang, your killing me smalls...I stand corrected. I went back and looked, my bad I was looking at a software program that will allow MP3 for 9.99.
    On a seperate, Cingular supposedly got a limited number of phones for their retail stores, but the ones you order online will be shipped out the same time the Palm.com orders will!!!!
    I hope you're right about that. At least, I hope all the orders come sooner, rather than later. Not wishing late delivery on the Cingular folks, or anything.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I wonder if the wait will really be 2 weeks or if it will be shorter. What do u all think?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast