Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Do u all think Palm will do the same with the 750 as far as price???? And offer an unlocked version??? anyone? anyone?
    Affirm, this is the exact same thing that happened when I purchased my unlocked 650 from Palm. In fact I got my order of 4 phones in before they did a price increase (Palm.com). So far with Cingular and GSM phones PALM releases them either at the same time or right before Cingular does.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    So does palm also have the 30 day return policy???? If so that is AWESOME!
    Well I was one of the fortunate ones who placed an order a few night ago when that link appeared that was not supposed to.. When a guy from palm called me the other night and apologized for the error he told me he was going to honor the 349.00 price when it was released....You can bet I will call him first thing tomorrow
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    So does palm also have the 30 day return policy???? If so that is AWESOME!
    Yes, but you return it at your expense. I assume they've had quite a few returns before.
    Why won't it let me buy it? It says that it delivers to Canada but doesn't offer Canada as a country option? Grrrr Please help! My postl code is not going through because of the country.

Help please...I'm dying over here.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Have Palm ship it to my house, then I can send it to you via UPS. Deal?
    Awwwwwww....I was going to offer that as well
    hahahah....At this point. I just may. You seem like an honest guy. hehe
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hah, I can be trusted.. but I'd never trust anyone to receive a phone I paid for to ship it to me, and I'd never expect anyone to trust me either.. Find someone you know in the US before you make a move like that.
    Can you conffirm that for me? Are you given a Canadian option?
    It says it will ship there, and its on the Canada & U.S site
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    Ugh, bastards.

So besides the SIM aspect and non-carrier design of unlocked, what all does an unlocked version have over a locked version?

-----Hah, you remember that PTT update coming Q1 07? I bet it's $50 cheaper because the Unlocked won't get the PTT patch.
    You can take your phone with you and not have to sell it, if you leave Cingular for T-Mobile. Also, if you go overseas, you can get pre-paid SIMS to use while you're there. If you're in Canada, it looks like the carriers may be even slower than the US getting the cool phones, so getting an unlocked could be your only choice if you want the hot phones sooner.

One bad thing though, carriers may not support your phone and you could be on your own with settings and stuff like that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I know man, I'm just playing. I have family in Miami, I guess that may be an option. What the hell though. What ever happend to smooth transactions? I know , I am just impatient. Can you blame me though?
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    HECK, I just read the fine print. If you order on Palm.com, they are including the music pack which includes a 1GB memory card, Palm hybrid headset, and Palm Treo 680 music cd which gets you Pocket Tunes Deluxe and a free 30 day trial to Yahoo music. All I care about is the 1GB Memory Card.......sweet!
    http://web.palm.com/promos/musicpromo.jhtml

399.99 (treo 680) - 15 $ (1gb card) - $20 (headset) - $35 (pocket tunes deluxe) = $329.99

Awesome!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You can take your phone with you and not have to sell it, if you leave Cingular for T-Mobile. Also, if you go overseas, you can get pre-paid SIMS to use while you're there. If you're in Canada, it looks like the carriers may be even slower than the US getting the cool phones, so getting an unlocked could be your only choice if you want the hot phones sooner.

One bad thing though, carriers may not support your phone and you could be on your own with settings and stuff like that.
    That's good to know. Maybe I can take an international vacation to try out some European prepaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    I know man, I'm just playing. I have family in Miami, I guess that may be an option. What the hell though. What ever happend to smooth transactions? I know , I am just impatient. Can you blame me though?
    yeah i tried to i cant get it to ship to canada either. i think your best option is to order via phone? or have it shipped to someone you know down under and have them send it to you.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Here's another benefit. The cool phones the carriers refuse to get, you can buy from importers. Obviously not the case with the 680, but something to keep in mind if you follow new phones like I do.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by kunjan View Post
    yeah i tried to i cant get it to ship to canada either. i think your best option is to order via phone? or have it shipped to someone you know down under and have them send it to you.
    Customs is going to nail us at the border. Been there done that.
    They will tack on extra $
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Basically two seperate companies pricing them to their own schedule.....advantage - consumer! Also, goes to show there never was an exclusive to Cingular like EVERYONE was saying!
    Oh, there's an exclusive to Cingular, all right. That's why it's not being offered via T-Mobile, and that's also why Palm had to wait for Cingular to approve and be ready to ship before they could ship the unlocked version. Even now, they're making us wait an extra week.

Imagine how many of us would have just spent the extra money for the unlocked by now if Palm had released a few weeks ago, before Cingular did. People were using unpublished links to order it from the Palm store and Amazon, or bidding on eBay, with no guarantee of delivery.

Cingular would have lost a big chunk of the early-adopter crowd, right off the bat. That's a lot of lost 2-year commitments. So Palm held off for Cingular's approval process, because they need Cingular's retail marketing presence if they want to get the brand out to the masses.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Just ordered mine! Couldn't decide if I wanted Arctic or Crimson (read: white or red), so I ordered white. If I change my mind in the morning will they let me change the order? How would I do that?

This will be the first Treo I've owned since I finally ditched the 600 (after having it replaced 5 times through Cingular) and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully, this thing won't be full of bugs and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    Oh, there's an exclusive to Cingular, all right. That's why it's not being offered via T-Mobile, and that's also why Palm had to wait for Cingular to approve and be ready to ship before they could ship the unlocked version. Even now, they're making us wait an extra week.

Imagine how many of us would have just spent the extra money for the unlocked by now if Palm had released a few weeks ago, before Cingular did. People were using unpublished links to order it from the Palm store and Amazon, or bidding on eBay, with no guarantee of delivery.

Cingular would have lost a big chunk of the early-adopter crowd, right off the bat. That's a lot of lost 2-year commitments. So Palm held off for Cingular's approval process, because they need Cingular's retail marketing presence if they want to get the brand out to the masses.
    According to our premier rep there definitely was no exclusive. Also Cingular used Palm for the marketing. In the powerpoint Palm paid for the Cingular advertising so they could appeal to more masses. Additionaly, TMO has not offered a palm device for quite some time. And as of this morning you still cannot order a Treo 680 off of the regular or premier site. In fact our rep told me this morning Cingular won't be shipping them out for another 2 - 3 weeks. I bet I'll have mine from Palm before an order from Cingular is recieved....my .02
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast