1.    #1  
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo680/index.html?creativeID=HmPg_BB|treo680_buy_now
    Jimmie Geddes
    I ordered it!!!

yay! cant wait!
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    BAMN - Graphite 10-8 enroute.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    thanks! just ordered mine w000t w00t! I'm done w/ my WM5 MDA
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Wait??? Is this a pre order??? it sais Item may take 1-2 weeks to ship
    who cares! It's official now! i bet we'll get it by friday hahaha i kid...although it would be a great if we did
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Funny thing is for how everyone was bagging on Palm becasue we would have to wait to buy the unlocked phone due to a "Cingular Exclusive." SOME EXCLUSIVE, the 680 still is not showing up on both the business or regular Cingular Site. HMMMM where are the bashers now???????????????? To the TMO folks, looks like you have nothing to worry about!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Well, my Arctic is pre-ordered. I'm so glad Palm is selling the unlocked for less than Cingular is selling the no-contract locked. Can't imagine why anyone would go the non-contract locked route at this point. Unless you just wandered into the Cingular Store and didn't realize that Palm sells it unlocked. What are the chances that your friendly neighborhood Cingular rep is going to bring that up in the conversation?

So we finally have an official announcement. Now we can all post about when it will actually ship for the next several weeks. Any bets?

Since some Cingular Stores already seem to have the Graphites, I imagine Palm will get the colors out in a few weeks, probably just before Christmas.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Cingular has a terrible habit of selling locked phones at the unlocked price or almost at the unlocked price. When I realized this, I decided I will never buy another phone from them directly. Unless I'm sure the price is at least $100 below that of the unlocked.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What I found interesting was that when I ordered my Crimson one this morning, I went back and looked at the ones sold via Cingular and if you bought the graphite one and "kept your Cingular plan", you paid $50 MORE for the phone...

LOL
    All right! Just ordered my graphite! Don't like the "may take 1-2 weeks" e-mail I got from Palm though. But at least - it's here! Yippeeee!
  12.    #12  
    I was told by Palm that the Cingular Treo 680's are ready to ship, the 1-2 weeks is just an estimate. I was told that Cingular stores would be fully stocked for black Friday. Anyone who ordered the Cingular 680 from Palm will not have to wait 1-2 weeks. The unlocked should ship in a few weeks, definitely before the Dec. 1 date.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I ordered crimson!!

I read somewhere that we will need an upgraded sim card with more memory for this phone. How does this impact the phone use?
    I read a post here recently where someone had confirmed using an old 32k sim on either a 680 or 750.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer