1.    #1  
    Hey, I just finished talking with Shadowmite, and he has posted the latest 1.05 DUN patch for Verizon! It was done by a guy named Gonzo. I have downloaded and tested, and am confirming it works. Folks, we have the real deal here!

Here's the link:
    Shadowmite Treo 650 Verizon 1.05a DUN BTManager Patch
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    And it works GREAT! Now I do not need PDAnet or USBModem (couldn't get the BT connection to work with them anyway, just used cable).
    I was too impatient and bought USB modem - didn't know if/when the Shadowmite hack for 1.05 would come out. Anyway Bluetooth DUN with USB Modem works fine for me - in fact, I never use the USB connection since with 1xRTT speeds (about 100 kbps max for me), the OTA connection, not Bluetooth (about 200 kbps for me during file transfers, reverse DUN, etc.), is the data rate bottleneck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    I was too impatient and bought USB modem - didn't know if/when the Shadowmite hack for 1.05 would come out. Anyway Bluetooth DUN with USB Modem works fine for me - in fact, I never use the USB connection since with 1xRTT speeds (about 100 kbps max for me), the OTA connection, not Bluetooth (about 200 kbps for me during file transfers, reverse DUN, etc.), is the data rate bottleneck.
    I've been using a shadowmite DUN hack for a while - what is new about this one that was just released?
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkeii View Post
    I've been using a shadowmite DUN hack for a while - what is new about this one that was just released?
    The previous one doesn't work with the new Verizon ROM (1.05a). If you're not on Verizon or you are on Verizon but haven't upgraded to 1.05a, you don't need the new hack.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Two questions about this.

1) How do I find out what ROM version I have?
    2) How do I put this to use? Just install the PRC? Then what?

I'm traveling at the end of the week and would like to use it to get a connection at my destination (my parent's don't have internet).
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Doni49...
    1) On the phone app, go to the menu, then select phone info and it should say something like Software: Treo650-1.05a-VZW
    2) Here are the official instructions... http://www.shadowmite.com/HowToDUN.html
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    OK. Thanks. I've got 1.04. I found that link after I posted my message above.

I've tried and tried using the PRC file provided at the link. I was able to get my laptop to recognize the treo and see "DUN" as one of the services. But the laptop keeps telling me that there are no devices capable of using a PAN (Personal Area Network).

Yes I did see the option on the Treo to enable DUN and I did enable it. I even did a soft reset after having this trouble.
    Don

Handspring Visor => Handspring Visor Deluxe => Sony Clie T615c => Treo 650 on Verizon => Treo 700p on Verizon