Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    A friend sent me this link today. So since my order was in 10 hours ago I'll release the info here now

Here is the link: http://www.gottadeal.com/ scroll down to the 2 GB Kingston SD card with FREE SHIPPING too!

Click on it and it brings you to Buy.com. The Card says $30 but after you add to cart and proceed a couple of clicks when you get to checkout don't log into Buy.com. Scroll to bottom and check out through Google and Google takes another $10 off a $30 or more order. I already had a Google account from my Gmail account so my password worked and I just had to put in my credit card info (If you are new to google you'll need to set up an account.)

Card also has a $5.00 rebate which you can print out from Buy.com or the first page you saw the card on in gottadeal.com.

So that's it. $15 for a 2 GB card. Can life get any better than this

I think the $5.00 rebate runs thru the 27th. I just checked in Buy.com on top right of page about the Google discount. I don't see a time period but they could pull it at anytime.

Also when I just put a card in my cart the Buy.com site gave a site is busy right now alert. So keep trying at different times. My order entered around 12pm today went right through, but at 10:20pm now it says site is busy.
    Last edited by Expidia; 11/21/2006 at 09:17 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Buy.com is currently not able to handle their traffic! (Maybe they need Akamai!)

http://www.buy.com/basket/additem.as...ell=1&x=74&y=9

Thank you for shopping at Buy.com.

We're sorry! Due to the high volume of traffic we are experiencing at this time, we are unable to process your request.

We apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to check back soon.
    Google Checkout: Very interesting, big brother Google must want to tie credit cards and shopping habits to the Internet search engine ad sales experience! (I'm not yet sure that I want to give them that much power!)

EDIT #1: Brialliant time to launch this. Right at the start/peak of the Christmas/holiday buying season. Right when people are conducting data-mineable transactions in full fore!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Great tip.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Didn't work quite the same for me, but clicking through the Google link got it shipped for $20. Great find! Thanks.
    Great find!

Bought Mine... $22.49

Minus -$5.00 Rebate

$17.49 + 2GB SD Card = Good Deal
    Treo 600 > Treo 600 > Nokia 9500 > Treo 650 > Treo 650 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p (11/18/06)

Join MySpace Largest City & Neighborhood group!

San Diego Group - http://groups.myspace.com/sdgroup
    This is a sweet deal but be aware of the speed. From the Kingston site:

Speed Rating*** — Up to 5MB/sec. read rate
    Up to 1.5MB/sec. write rate

This is from their standard line, so its not a very fast card. 33X read and about a 10X write based on their specs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Thanks for the post. Nice Deal to get a 2GB card, shipped for around $20.
    Thanks.
    Pilottreo1
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    This is a sweet deal but be aware of the speed. From the Kingston site:

Speed Rating*** Up to 5MB/sec. read rate
    Up to 1.5MB/sec. write rate

This is from their standard line, so its not a very fast card. 33X read and about a 10X write based on their specs.
    Speed for me is not that much of a concern. I figure I can store 6 to 8 full length DVD's for $15. Nice
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Great deal! I'll purchase tonight! Hopefully the deals still good.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Appears to no longer be eligible...
    I just pulled it up:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/Kingston_2GB...202743332.html

$25 after rebate and then $10 off with Google checkout. It is out of stock right now but you can still order it. Watch the Google check out - it automatically charges the higher shipping - go with the slow boat if you want to save a few more dollars.

BTW - you can get a 1gb SanDisk card for $3 after a $27 rebate from Circut City.
    Just got mine today.... =]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 600 > Treo 600 > Nokia 9500 > Treo 650 > Treo 650 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p (11/18/06)

Join MySpace Largest City & Neighborhood group!

San Diego Group - http://groups.myspace.com/sdgroup
    I got a 256mb Lexar media card I bought 5 years ago for about $60. I'll sell it to someone cheap, like $15. Thats 75% off the original price. Can't beat that.
    I got the Kingston 2GB card with the Google checkout deal from Buy.com. I was just about to mail in the rebate form when I tried it in my 680.

Total failure. There was a popup warning that the card wasn't recognized. I put it in the USB card reader on my Mac, tried formatting it with DIsk Utility, and Disk Utility just hung. It normally just takes a few seconds to format even a large SD card.

Anyone seen this before and have any fixes? Or is the card just plain DOA?