Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I got it. On a whim I walked into my cingular store today at about 3:45. Sitting on the counter were boxes from FED EX and they contained two 680's. The manager was standing there and even though they were not in inventory he told the counter guy to write up a manual recipt for me. While we were doing the paper work, they came in the inventory and he sold it to me straight out. I'm staring at it now. Will take pics if I can figure out how to post them on this board. Will write back shortly! If not, I have church tonight and am leaving at 4AM for VA to be with familly. Will post pics when I settle in there tomorrow if not tonight!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I got it. On a whim I walked into my cingular store today at about 3:45. Sitting on the counter were boxes from FED EX and they contained two 680's. The manager was standing there and even though they were not in inventory he told the counter guy to write up a manual recipt for me. While we were doing the paper work, they came in the inventory and he sold it to me straight out. I'm staring at it now. Will take pics if I can figure out how to post them on this board. Will write back shortly! If not, I have church tonight and am leaving at 4AM for VA to be with familly. Will post pics when I settle in there tomorrow if not tonight!
    CONGRATS! Where are you located by the way?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm in Connecticut. I bought it in Middletown. They only had two!

Here are the pics. Sorry for the poor quality, my wife is yelling at me to come to dinner. Just so you know I'm not "BS"ing:

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...5383%3B8vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...5383%3B9vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...83%3B%3Bvq0mrj

Sorry for the little pics. That is all I could get to work. Now my wife is really yelling at me...gotta go
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I'm in Connecticut. I bought it in Middletown. They only had two!

Here are the pics. Sorry for the poor quality, my wife is yelling at me to come to dinner. Just so you know I'm not "BS"ing:

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...5383%3B8vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...5383%3B9vq0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/34873823...83%3B%3Bvq0mrj

Sorry for the little pics. That is all I could get to work. Now my wife is really yelling at me...gotta go

You're having the best day, aren't you?! Awesome! Enjoy and post more pics if/when you can later
    Congrats OnTheFly!!!!! That's good news for the rest of us. Geez, now I cant wait for the next two weeks and the posts start coming out about "Lets start a class action lawsuit....." Thats one thing about treocentral, new phones, but same old posts.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24 View Post
    Congrats OnTheFly!!!!! That's good news for the rest of us. Geez, now I cant wait for the next two weeks and the posts start coming out about "Lets start a class action lawsuit....." Thats one thing about treocentral, new phones, but same old posts.
    Nice! Very funny and very true.

Although I your avatar.
    Wow post some more about. Hurry up and EAT.
    This would have been a great time for a Taco Bell quick dinner-FAST
    Cool! I just called one of my local stores and the rep told me they have it. They're holding one for me, so I'll be running over to get it this evening!
    How much did it cost???
    Quote Originally Posted by baje View Post
    Cool! I just called one of my local stores and the rep told me they have it. They're holding one for me, so I'll be running over to get it this evening!
    Baje - what state are you in? I called 4 or 5 stores here in SE MI and no-one even KNOWS when they will be getting it in, let alone has one.
    Same here in Chicago. Its all a mystery to them. So I'm on the waiting list...
    OK, here is the scoop I got right after OnTheFly told us he got his. Steve at Cingular in Citrus Heights, Ca said he had one in his hands. It was a working DEMO. I packed up and bolted to the Cingular store. He brought it out for me to see. Of course I asked if I could play with it for a moment. I realized they had not put a SIM in the phone so I was not able to test the speeds. I did not get a lot of time to play with it because he was watching me like a hawk (not like I was going to run off with it). I did get to snap a pic of the box it came in and I dont think he liked that.

He give me a copy of the Cingular rebate form that has all the rebates for the new & old phones on it. I will scan the paper in a while for you all to see. He told me that the Treo 680 will be going for $50.00 MORE than the 650. You will also get a $100.00 rebate. I am hoping with the rebate and the 2 year contract it will be running right about $200.00. He scanned the box to try and get a price but said it was not coming up in the system as of yet.

Here is the cool part, he told me that the 750 will be arriving real soon AND he said that Cingular is also going to be getting a 680W & 750P version real soon. I am not sure how true it is BUT if so, it looks like we GSM users will be getting 3-4 new Treo's this year.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    OK, here is the scoopCingular is also going to be getting a 680W & 750P version real soon. I am not sure how true it is BUT if so, it looks like we GSM users will be getting 3-4 new Treo's this year.
    He sounds confused a 680w?????? thats new
    smoleyboy,

Yes, I thought the same thing. Basically he said that Cingular will have a 680P, a 680W, a 750W and a 750P. We shall see.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Of course the 680P & 750W are going to be the first ones released.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    wow, that will be interesting. Wonder what the 750p will be like. maybe ALP perhaps
    Alp?
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Access Linux Platform
    how much
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast