Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by morrie View Post
    what type of upgrade did you get? did that factor into your $299 price?
    It was an upgrade from the 650. I'm not totally sure if that was factored into the $299 price or not, but I'm thinking it just went with renewing a contract for 2 yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    rats - my lady at cingular says the typical "no release date yet" !
    Guess you didn't "get lucky" with the Cingular lady! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Very stable. Only issues for resetting have been the wayward keboard (PalmUniversal) driver being on causing a crash when the 680 awakes from sleep for a data connection. Had one issue with TMP (fixed, update coming soon). VersaMail is really stable.

Phone is different yes, but not complex. Its more or less a nice enough app to not scare people coming from a (horrible) Moto or (not so horrible) SE/Nokia. The entire interface is in one respect one-handed and in another thumb-tappable. Its neat, and I have only used the stylus 1 time (for writing a BugMe note).
    Awsome. I'm glad the Cingular customers are getting a nice phone for a good price! (But it's sure wierd that they charge more than Palm w/o contract!)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by r6girl View Post
    ... i'm hoping this will be way more reliable than my p990 and that it will connect to the bluetooth system in my car...
    That's something I'm interested in hearing about! I've got the 700p and the bluetooth sucks (at least if and until Palm issues a hotfix). I'm guessing the bluetooth should be no worse than the 650 and hopefully better, since they didn't have to deal with EVDO speeds. I bet you'll get a more reliable, trouble-free device for less money! That would be good!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Stopped by my local Cingular store in Fayetteville, AR.

680, in hand for $312 with a $100 rebate and no step up to unlimited data plan!
    Nice!!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Hey guys check this out I found the Treo 750 Lennon on Amazon!

I started a thread here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...99#post1131599
    The manager of the Daly City, CA Cingular store was carrying the "2-For-1 phones or PDAs" banner out of the back room when I was there a couple of hours ago. He said that they have a ton of phones but the 680's hadn't yet arrived and might arrive later this evening or very early on Friday. He told me that if the 680's didn't arrive in time there would be coupons, but ONLY ON FRIDAY. They are opening VERY early....

I bought a red unlocked one from Palm today and am not sure what I will do with the extra. I carry two 650s - one for work and one for home, but one of them is on T-Mob, and my wife carries a 600. Guess we get 680's all around as soon as I can unlock them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo View Post
    The manager of the Daly City, CA Cingular store was carrying the "2-For-1 phones or PDAs" banner out of the back room when I was there a couple of hours ago. He said that they have a ton of phones but the 680's hadn't yet arrived and might arrive later this evening or very early on Friday. He told me that if the 680's didn't arrive in time there would be coupons, but ONLY ON FRIDAY. They are opening VERY early....
    Verizon is having a 2-1 Razr sale so it looks like the carriers really are pushing phones this christmas.
    HAAAA! I just saw that commercial while watching Medium...FUNNY!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmphonesource View Post
    Hard for me to believe that NOBODY wants their Treo 680 unlocked for free
    I dunno. I don't have a 680 yet, but even if I did, giving out my IMEI number to a stranger doesn't sit well with me.

I would consider giving it to a web store with a well-known rep, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I dunno. I don't have a 680 yet, but even if I did, giving out my IMEI number to a stranger doesn't sit well with me.

I would consider giving it to a web store with a well-known rep, though.
    My sentiments EXACTLY!!! Especially to someone whose 1st post was looking for IMEI numbers to start a new business. Sorry, but I just not that trusting!!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    That's something I'm interested in hearing about! I've got the 700p and the bluetooth sucks (at least if and until Palm issues a hotfix). I'm guessing the bluetooth should be no worse than the 650 and hopefully better, since they didn't have to deal with EVDO speeds. I bet you'll get a more reliable, trouble-free device for less money! That would be good!
    the first thing i'm going to do when i get my 680 is put my sim in it, turn bluetooth on, and try to pair it with my car. if that doesn't work, i'm going to pack it back up and send it right back to palm! i do like my p990, but i'm impatient for the next firmware update that people are talking about and just really want a phone that doesn't act up on a regular basis. it definitely would be nice to get a smartphone for hundreds less that works better!
    Hi Everyone,
    Current 700P owner, and previous 600, 650 owner. Added many posts to threads expressing frustration over 700P issues. I am curious if these are present on the 680 as it too has the 64MB of memory that was new for the 700p vs. the 23 MB for the 650. In particular, I am curious if the 680 "slows down" when the RAM is loaded up say less than 20-30 MB left or folks experience "white screens of death" when switching b/t apps, Blazer, etc. I am sure some may want speed tests, but I am more interested in just your gut notion of whether or not it is slow when accessing programs/files from an SD card. Several of my fav medical programs were extremely fast on the 650 but literally take 5 minutes to load on the 700P (data access bug according to many on the forum). Anybody c a 680 experiencing things like this? Also just wanted folks to be aware of them in case they had no idea about the probs some 700p folks were having. I really am pretty frustrated c the 700P. I would consider "downgrading" to the 680 if it was actually an upgrade! I need a reliable PDA 1st and a cell phone 2nd (I like the idea of the new phone UI--and Jimmie's idea of getting it onto the 700P somehow). I am a little spoiled now c EV-DO speeds, but it's not a dealbreaker.
    thanks in advance for your responses and enjoy the new phone!
    Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unlocked is available on Palm's site for $400, plus I guess about $25 shipping ....
    Shipping was free on the website, at least I wasn't charged any shipping. The problem, however, is that receipt still says "Order Received," and 18 hours later it really hasn't changed or been processed. I hope that's only because it's Thanksgiving. I didn't see anything other than it would ship out in a very few days overnight.
    per the article on the front page, they arent going to ship till dec 1st
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    per the article on the front page, they arent going to ship till dec 1st
    Actually, although the article seems to say that, it is reporting on a Palm announcement which does not say that. Palm's announcement, the basis of the story, says "The unlocked Treo 680 smartphone is $399 and is available for preorder today at http://www.palm.com. It will be available in Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1." I would agree it is not a model of clarity but all it says is you can pre-order it on line today with no clear delivery info or that you can buy it from their retail stores as of Dec. 1. I find it simply indefinite--especially because it said nothing about a Dec. 1 date on the ordering pages.
    Last edited by mdavis; 11/23/2006 at 12:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ordered my graphite color edition today at the Treo Store. Had a $50 coupon available to me through my part-time gig so it came to $349 shipped overnight with no tax, unlocked. I'm stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Actually, although the article seems to say that, it is reporting on a Palm announcement which does not say that. Palm's announcement, the basis of the story, says "The unlocked Treo 680 smartphone is $399 and is available for preorder today at http://www.palm.com. It will be available in Palm U.S. retail stores after Dec. 1." I would agree it is not a model of clarity but all it says is you can pre-order it on line today with no clear delivery info or that you can buy it from their retail stores as of Dec. 1. I find it simply indefinite--especially because it said nothing about a Dec. 1 date on the ordering pages.
    this is what i got from the review of the 680..."Palm also announced the availability of their unlocked, colorful Treos, though they won't ship until Dec 1st."

Who knows, i'm hoping it will be Dec 1 that would suck if it were any longer...i'm getting anxious to get rid of my MDA
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    Preorder means to order before it becomes available to ship. You can't preorder something and then expect it to ship the next day.

When you preorder from Palm, the confirmation email you get says: "PalmŽ Treo(TM) 680 smartphone orders may take an additional 1-2 weeks to ship."

2 weeks would be December 5th. I'd expect the actual shipment to be sometime between the 1st and the 5th. Don't get your hopes up for anything sooner, and don't be shocked if it's even later. It has been known to happen before.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast