Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Unlocked is available on Palm's site for $400, plus I guess about $25 shipping from what another poster said.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar.../unlocked.html
    i had free shipping but had to pay CA sales tax
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    so now that regular users are starting to get them, can we talk stability? how hard is it to get it to crash or lockup? is blazer less excruciating to use? does opera run stable? is it weird having three buttons for the phone instead of 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    WTF!!!!!! I just called Palm and the guy said that they haven't been released yet. I told him its on the site and he said they are updating their site but they have not yet been released. F*ck off man!!! Why is this guy doing this to me.
    Anybody have any solutions how to change U.S to Canada on the shipping form. Its not excepting my postal code because I can't change the country.

Its on the U.S and Canada site. Even says click for shipping in Canada.
    When I scroll down it has Ontario, so what the hell. Fustrated here people, very fustrated.

Caally
    I called as well and the CSR tried to input my Canadian address and failed, claiming it was a new product and the software wasn't set up properly yet. Even his manager couldn't do anything about it. Finally, they suggested I call back between the hours of 8:30-5:00 Eastern when a day manager might be able to help. As Caally mentioned, the web site clearly says United States and Canada. Grrrr... The interesting this was that the CSR was using the very same web page to enter the order that is available to all of us -- not a special internal ordering system.

As far as price, has anyone else noticed that the unlocked version is $399 but the Cingular version without a plan is $449!! Gee, pay $50 bucks more and get your phone locked! What a deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    ...snip...

As far as price, has anyone else noticed that the unlocked version is $399 but the Cingular version without a plan is $449!! Gee, pay $50 bucks more and get your phone locked! What a deal!
    Err ummm... that would be pay $50 LESS and get your phone unlocked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    MattM2G,

I believe you are going to have to contact your compang. Each PIN you use when you set up GoodLink is for each phone and since you are going from a 650 to a 680 I believe you will get a new PIN.
    This is correct. You will need to get a new PIN to install GMM.
    First Treo 680 owner to PM me an IMEI will get an unlock code for free if one is available. No strings attached, just need to make sure codes are available before I launch this unlocking service :-)
    man - how much do you eat dude - we need info on this 680! I live in Wilton, CT, maybe I will get lucky today, I have a Cingular store right down the street
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    rats - my lady at cingular says the typical "no release date yet" !
    She put me on a short call list though when they arrive
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Congrats to all the new 680 owners! I just made a thread asking if you guys could help us 700p owners get the new phone application? Here's the thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129306
    Jimmie Geddes
    so now that regular users are starting to get them, can we talk stability? how hard is it to get it to crash or lockup? is blazer less excruciating to use? does opera run stable? is it weird having three buttons for the phone instead of 2?
    Very stable. Only issues for resetting have been the wayward keboard (PalmUniversal) driver being on causing a crash when the 680 awakes from sleep for a data connection. Had one issue with TMP (fixed, update coming soon). VersaMail is really stable.

Phone is different yes, but not complex. Its more or less a nice enough app to not scare people coming from a (horrible) Moto or (not so horrible) SE/Nokia. The entire interface is in one respect one-handed and in another thumb-tappable. Its neat, and I have only used the stylus 1 time (for writing a BugMe note).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Torked.....

I've got probably two dozen stores in the Birmingham area and not one has the 680. The store I've dealt with most recieved a big shipment yesterday but no 680s.

Either that or they have them and keeping it secret until Friday. I can't remember a time when something new, that's been marketed so heavily before it's availability, has been so hard to get.

Palm and Cingular has definitely has led us around with a carrot on a string.
    Cingular stores will be fully sotcked for black Friday. You won't have trouble getting them, trust me
    Jimmie Geddes
    JimmieGeddes,

I beg to differ. Most of the stores are only getting 5-6 per shipment and I believe they are going to go pretty quick. I was in Cingular yesterday and almost each person there has a 650 and each one of them are going to be upgrading to the 680 so for the first couple of days, I am sure they will be out. I did head that they gets shipments in almost everyday so that is a good sign.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    my sales rep from cing just called me....she's holding one for one gonna run over there around 6pm and get it!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    well, i hadn't been thinking about getting back to a treo (had a 600 a few years ago), but i just ordered a copper unlocked one! woo hoo! i'm hoping this will be way more reliable than my p990 and that it will connect to the bluetooth system in my car...
    I wonder what the Premier price will be for the 680?
    I just ordered mine. Yeah.....
    Hard for me to believe that NOBODY wants their Treo 680 unlocked for free
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Phone is different yes, but not complex. Its more or less a nice enough app to not scare people coming from a (horrible) Moto or (for writing a BugMe note).
    i really don't think the Moto is horrible. it is a nice device that should not be compared to any device using the full-version wm5 op sys.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmphonesource View Post
    Hard for me to believe that NOBODY wants their Treo 680 unlocked for free
    because so many people just don't care.....the "general public" and many on this board aren't as savvy as some might think. they just want it now and don't care to pay less to have more. my .02
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast