Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    trim81,

Please read my post above. It will give you information that I got from Cingular (not sure exactly the cost) so we will have to see.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    So they are jsut going to put it on your bill?
    I have the same story as OnTheFly (so am not starting a new "I got one" thread). There is a brand new Cingular Store in Columbus, OH (Dublin), that just opened last week. I have been stopping in almost every day just to say "Hi" , and see if the 680 or 750 were in.

Well, this evening, I decided to call instead of stop, and to my delight, they had 2 arrive. Because the store is new and no one knows where it is yet, I was the only one in the store when I got there, and they had that brand new baby waiting for me. I snapped a few pics with my 650 (sorry about the blurryness).

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...112106_003.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...112106_002.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...112106_001.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...112106_005.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...112106_004.jpg

Anyhoo, I am very happy to get my hands on this (finally), and am off to get Goodlink setup, as well as sync all my other stuff. I will report back on performance as I start to use it. I did call my wife directly from the phone on the way home, and she commented that it sounded 100% better than the 650 did with all the enhancements (Volumecare, etc). I then paired my Treo Wireless Headset with no problems and it works perfectly. So far so good!!!

By the way, it was $299 + tax (-$100 rebate) = $199!!!!
    Last edited by MattM2G; 01/12/2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spellling
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    i hate all of you all of you.

btw, would the store you buy the 680 from also unlock it for you?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    There are about 15 Cingular stores in area so I will calling them all over the next fews hours and days....
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    was the $299 without any kind of plan/contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBear View Post
    Baje - what state are you in? I called 4 or 5 stores here in SE MI and no-one even KNOWS when they will be getting it in, let alone has one.

I'm in PA.
    Paid $299. I did an upgrade and contract renewal, but I could not get the $100 rebate which would have brought it down to $199, because they told me I would have to sign up for the PDA net data plan. They let me keep my regular plan as is, which is the $19.99 unlimited Medianet plan. Fine with me.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    what type of upgrade did you get? did that factor into your $299 price?
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    I got it. On a whim I walked into my cingular store today at about 3:45. Sitting on the counter were boxes from FED EX and they contained two 680's. The manager was standing there and even though they were not in inventory he told the counter guy to write up a manual recipt for me. While we were doing the paper work, they came in the inventory and he sold it to me straight out. I'm staring at it now. Will take pics if I can figure out how to post them on this board. Will write back shortly! If not, I have church tonight and am leaving at 4AM for VA to be with familly. Will post pics when I settle in there tomorrow if not tonight!
    Tell me... is the volume any better than the 650?
    I did a contract renewal and upgrade as well. Turns out I will be able to get the rebate, since I did switch from the Medianet ($19.99) to the PDA connect ($39.99) - My company subsidizes a good portion of my cell plan, so I can pick up a small portion if necessary. They gave me a rebate form, it says on the form that you must be on PDA connect plan to get the rebate, and I WAS thinking of staying with my $19.99 unlimited medianet plan. Be careful - they push Really HARD to get you on the PDA plan, saying first, that you HAVE to have it. I pushed back, after reading info here and on HOFO. They claim they the web provisioning is different between the 2 plans and that the experience is much slower with the medianet, but I do not believe this to be true since I got solid speeds with the 650 (60 - 80 kbit/sec tested once in a while). They told me that I could take the new plan, test it out and get the rebate, and if I wanted to, I could switch back to the $19.99 plan any time. I actually made them get the store manager and call customer service and have them put it in writing!!!!So far I think the Internet is faster on the 680 by a lot. I am not sure if it is the new plan or the phone. I did a speed test on dslreports, and got a speed of 176 kbit/sec the 1st test, and 199 the 2nd, and 183 the 3rd!!! This is more than twice as fast, and it seems unbelievable!!!

The sound quality is definitely better right off the bat on the 680 than on my GSM 650 with Volume Care, for me AND for the person on the other end of the line.

I am having a late dinner now and will get back with more info later. I am trying to figure out how to get Goodlink onto the new phone without having to wait until morning to contact my company....any help out there?
    Last edited by MattM2G; 11/22/2006 at 09:20 AM.
    Rewards Network

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    MattM2G,

I believe you are going to have to contact your compang. Each PIN you use when you set up GoodLink is for each phone and since you are going from a 650 to a 680 I believe you will get a new PIN.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    do you know how much the unlocked version would have been?
    Oh please! Of course a store sales person is going to scoop everyone with new unknown models.

There will not be a 750p. That's why they don't bother to call it a 750w, since there won't be a Palm OS version with UMTS.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    Here is the cool part, he told me that the 750 will be arriving real soon AND he said that Cingular is also going to be getting a 680W & 750P version real soon. I am not sure how true it is BUT if so, it looks like we GSM users will be getting 3-4 new Treo's this year.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Cingular store here recieved twenty boxes off the UPS truck this afternoon. Sales Rep couldn't tell me for sure but believes the 680 will be in this shipment.

No confirmation on a Friday "two for one" sale but that's a lot of inventory to receive in one shipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by idesign245 View Post
    Cingular does not sell an unlocked version. I will do as I did with the 650. I will be traveling on business to the UK, Spain and France at the end of January. about 3 weeks in advance of that trip, I will call Cingular, and have them unlock the phone for me. That is what I did about a month after I bought the 650, and had no issues, since I have been a customer of cingular for a very long time. I will let you all know how it goes.

Going to bed now...will report after I spend a day with my 680 tomorrow. Lots of calls to make. Have to get my Goodlink setup, etc.

Until tomorrow....
    Rewards Network

For those who have gotten their 680 ---- you suck.

I want one *pouts*
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    http://investors.palm.com/ReleaseDet...leaseID=219538

just got that from Palm, in my email.

Snip:

Cingular Wireless Offers New-Look, $199 Palm Treo 680
    New Smart Device Offers Cingular Consumer and Business Customers a Slim and Sleek Device Packed Full of Functionality

ATLANTA & SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov 22, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Cingular Wireless and Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) today introduced the new Palm(R) Treo(TM) 680 smart device, whose brand-new look, broad range of features and economical price will appeal to both consumers and business customers -- just in time for the holidays. The Treo 680 quad-band world phone on the Palm OS(R) platform -- which is available beginning Friday, Nov. 24, for as low as $199.99(1) -- boasts Palm's hallmark ease of use to keep any user productive, all with a slim and compact feel.

Cingular business and consumer customers will be able to better balance their personal and business lives, as the all-in-one Treo 680 seamlessly combines a compact, full-featured mobile phone with so much more, all at a competitive price. Users can do even more with their phone, from accessing email and editing documents at the airport to organizing photos and music while waiting for a friend at the coffee shop.
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Quote Originally Posted by idesign245 View Post
    Unlocked is available on Palm's site for $400, plus I guess about $25 shipping from what another poster said.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar.../unlocked.html
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    WTF!!!!!! I just called Palm and the guy said that they haven't been released yet. I told him its on the site and he said they are updating their site but they have not yet been released. F*ck off man!!! Why is this guy doing this to me.
    Anybody have any solutions how to change U.S to Canada on the shipping form. Its not excepting my postal code because I can't change the country.

Its on the U.S and Canada site. Even says click for shipping in Canada.
    When I scroll down it has Ontario, so what the hell. Fustrated here people, very fustrated.

Caally
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    For those who have gotten their 680 ---- you suck.

I want one *pouts*
    No need to pout, you will like it. However, you might find that you will want to experiment with other variations of pink just to make it more personal for you.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast