Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My first thoughts on culprits were Chatter and 4cast, but I've set Chatter to Q'sync every 30 minutes, and to disconnect if all mail boxes are off line, and I've stopped 4cast from refreshing at all, I've even set it to disconnect on exit, but every time i disconnect, by exiting 4cast, or going into preferences to disconnect from the network, it goes right back online. This is killing my battery, and while i don't mind the extra speed for when i do go online, I'd rather deal with the wait and have the longer battery life.

Is there any log that would show what program is initiating the connection?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So it was Chatter Mail...

I had it set to be offline, but to sync every 30 minutes, but apparently it was keeping the connection on the entire time, it was even preventing me from getting incoming calls. Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings to use to periodically sync, but not stay continuously connected?
    Did you try Preferences/Connections/Disconnect if All Mailboxes Offline?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I did, i believe the problem was actually that i had changed my password my my network, which is also the pass word for my exchange server. It seems like Chatter was using the data connection as much as it could to try to resolve, but it never gave me the news that the password wasn't working. I changed the password, and no more issues. I'm going to email their support to ask them if they could add an error message rather than just have it monopolize the network connection silently.
    I've run into that one a couple of times myself....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more