1.    #1  
    This is my first treo, so I am not really experienced as to how the updates work or if new features are added with the ROM Updates.

There are some really nice features in the Treo 680. What are the chances of the next 700p ROM Update to include some of the nice features that I am seeing on the 680? Thanks in advance.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    This is a constant debate on the boards. If you do a search you'll find a number of discussions. I think everyone expects and hopes it will be soon and that some of the 680 alleged improvements will be availabe to the flagship phone. We are all waiting.
    "I have no idea what you just said, so here is a bunny with a pancake on its head."
    what are the improvements on the 680?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I wouldn't count on it. Cingular would be unhappy if their exclusive product's software was just given away to current users...plus palm is so thickheaded they probably wouldn't even come up with this idea...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    This is my first treo, so I am not really experienced as to how the updates work or if new features are added with the ROM Updates.

There are some really nice features in the Treo 680. What are the chances of the next 700p ROM Update to include some of the nice features that I am seeing on the 680? Thanks in advance.

Too bad for everyone but this recent phone the 680 still has the lag and button pile up!

Palm needs to address this issue!!
    I asked Palm if they would be releasing the new phone application from the 680 for the 700p (I knew the answer before I asked). No, they won't.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I guess our treocentral huckers will be able to copy some apps from 680 rom to 700