Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a Cingular store (Crossgates Mall, Albany NY.) This is a corporate store. The salesmen I normally deal with informed me he has two 680s in the store and was holding them in his hand. He informed me they were currently having problems with their inventory system and currently they cannot scan them into their inventory system. He said their company systems people are currently working on the problem and as soon as it is fixed I can come in and purchase the phones. He didn't know anything about a black Friday sale (buy one get one free.) He said he didn't think that would be the case or they would have sent his store more phones. Not a lot of people by smart phones in upstate NY so that is why I think the store was only shipped two. I will be going to the store as soon as their inventory system is up and buying 2 680s!!!! One for me and one for my wife.
    So, I just called the Cingular store here in Citrus Heights, Ca and they told me that they are expecting the 680 AND the 750 believe it or not. I will follow up with another post after they receive their shipment today. This is looking good BUT not counting my chickens before they hatch!!! Crossing Fingers!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Ok. Not in yet... Cingy corp says ALL stores (agent stores inlcuded) are getting 680 shipped out on FRIDAY. Expect in stores by MONDAY.
    I am still going to call them back today. I did not expect to hear that the 750 was also going to be released so soon. I am still going with the 680 but would like to see them both side by side. Can't wait!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Please do check back. I'm in Chicago. This could get interesting Chris...
    I just hit up 2 of the Palm Store locations:

Palo Alto, CA - 650-324-1770
    Santa Clara, CA 408-617-8537

Neither of them had any onsite. They also are saying next week. As you can tell I am chomping at the bit to get one or just see it...LOL.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey23 View Post
    Ok. Not in yet... Cingy corp says ALL stores (agent stores inlcuded) are getting 680 shipped out on FRIDAY. Expect in stores by MONDAY.
    I have been dealing with thsi guy for a while and I am sure he wouldn't lie to me. If you want to call the store yourself feel free to call them their # is (518) 869-5147. I will be going there to pick up my phones.
    OK, so in your first post did they say when they were going to sell them?

I am with Mikey23, I am sure they will be out on the floor by Monday but I will keep checking...LOL.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    He told me as soon as his inventory system was up. He said it could come up tonight but thought it would for sure be up tomorrow morning. Maby they will be told not to sell them until Monday, boy I sure hope not!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Familyman View Post
    I have been dealing with thsi guy for a while and I am sure he wouldn't lie to me. If you want to call the store yourself feel free to call them their # is (518) 869-5147. I will be going there to pick up my phones.
    I called that number (Albany, NY) and spoke to AJ at Cingular. He told that they're selling them ().I'm not sure how or to whom but he told they already sold 2 Treo 680s, and are expecting a new shipment sometime within 7 days or so.

Ugh, now I sound like everyone else.. not good.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I just called the store again (518-869-5147) and spoke to Roland. He put me on hold to check on their inventory system. 4 - 5 minutes later he came back and told me they were able to post the two new 680s into their system but they had to wait for them to show in the system (he said their system was funny and hard to explain.) He said to call him back in about half an hour and they should show in the system. I then asked him agin if they show in the system could I come in and purchase them and he said absolutly. I asked him if he thought there would be a chance the store would be told they could not sell them until Monday and he said they have not heard anything like that.
    Lol
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I had to share the fact that my cingular rep here in San Diego said not only do they not have the 680 in stock.. but, "It won't be in until January." LOL. I'm moving back east. Screw the weather, I want my TREO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    I had to share the fact that my cingular rep here in San Diego said not only do they not have the 680 in stock.. but, "It won't be in until January." LOL. I'm moving back east. Screw the weather, I want my TREO.
    ha ha -- I'm in SD too -- buying an unlocked version direct from Palm. Gotta love online shopping
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLuce View Post
    So, I just called the Cingular store here in Citrus Heights, Ca and they told me that they are expecting the 680 AND the 750 believe it or not. I will follow up with another post after they receive their shipment today. This is looking good BUT not counting my chickens before they hatch!!! Crossing Fingers!!
    The 750 will be Windows Mobile, not Palm OS --- correct?
    Correct.
    No treos in Denver?
    family man, you too patient. i would of drove down to the store and help them reboot the pcs. :-)

did u read the other thread where the guy said they sold it to him by using a paper receipt?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I wonder if they are even supposed to be selling these yet???? Are the people just lucky??? Cause if it does not ring up......thats funny stufff
    The store I went to just got them in today. In fact, they already have it up on display and all which surprised me as I've been in stores that a year after the fact still didn't have the 650 on display.