1.    #1  
    Yesterday after a hot sync I get the following log message:

"Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a HotSync operation again. Desktop = 3183, Handheld = 3181"

Then, to my horror, I see that no less than the last 12 months of Calendar records have dissapeared on both my T650 and the Palm Desktop, save holidays and repeat events.

Please, can anyone help me understand how this happened, how to prevent this and how to restore? Yes I do back up, but, ALOT of records were entered since my last backup 2 weeks ago.

I am not a "power user", the only applications I have added are GoogleMap, PdaNet and Diddlebug.

I have used a treo since 2002 for personal and business. Can I ever trust it again?

eek
    I just have had the same loss, for me now the second time.

In this case I did not get any errors in the Hotsync. But on the Palm Desktop, ALL non-recurring events have disappeared from my calendar. The last time this happened, I did not notice in time, and they were subsequently lost from my Treo as well (then it was a 650, now I have a 680). This time I changed the Hotsync to 'Handheld overwrites Desktop' to recover -- for now.

I have Googled around, and seen a couple of sporadic reports of this event but no resolutions.

This is very disturbing as it is easy to miss until it is too late if you have lots of recurring events.
    Hi guys,

The same thing just happened to me last week! I've lost 2 years of calendar events and data.

I HotSynced the Treo650 once more after that fateful error message - that's when I noticed I lost the data and then checked the log. I haven't touched the Treo since.

What do you think of the "revert" command on the File menu on the PalmOne 4.1.4 program? I haven't had the courage to try it yet.

Thanks in advance, and please let me know what you think,

Gallinore
    can also be reached at corrana@gmail.com
    Use an automatic backup to SD card app like Resco Backup. I retain three backups at all times and it backs up my entire RAM every night at 4 A.M. This should be "Owning a PDA 101" rule. Daily unattended backups would prevent the majority of people who get frustrated with data loss and give up on PDAs from doing so!

Launch Palm Desktop, go to File -> Revert and complete the steps for each view: Calendar, tasks, memos, contacts. If you're lucky and did not overwrite the backups as well, you'll have all or most of your data back. Then trot on over to Resco.net and grab the $15 Resco Backup, perform a backup, setup a daily scheduled backup (set up to turn off device when done), and sleep well tonight!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by cnsanford View Post
    I just have had the same loss, for me now the second time.

In this case I did not get any errors in the Hotsync. But on the Palm Desktop, ALL non-recurring events have disappeared from my calendar. The last time this happened, I did not notice in time, and they were subsequently lost from my Treo as well (then it was a 650, now I have a 680). This time I changed the Hotsync to 'Handheld overwrites Desktop' to recover -- for now.

I have Googled around, and seen a couple of sporadic reports of this event but no resolutions.

This is very disturbing as it is easy to miss until it is too late if you have lots of recurring events.
    It happened again today. I can say the disappearance of the non-recurring events is not linked to a Hotsync. At one point today I had the events. I added another event. Later before I hotsync'd, I looked, and EVERY non-recurring event had disappeared. I changed the sync to 'Handheld overwrites Desktop' and they came back with the Hotsync. Seems like time to dump Palm Desktop!
    Are you using categories?

I do, and somehow yesterday when I restored my 680 after an on purpose factory reset all my recurring events and other forward looking appoinments were gone!!!

It turned out that somehow my "Done" category had been selected for display, effectively masking anything looking forward.

It was an easy fix for my problem.