Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Yes, it requires Java and I don't have it installed on my Treo at the moment.
    Has anyone given this a try? The jabber/google talk part is free.
    There is a brief note it their forum that it worked on a Palm TX with Websphere.

Would be curious if this works on the Palm Treos...

http://www.talkonaut.com/home.shtml

Talkonaut can be used with any Jabber account, including Google Talk. And that is all for FREE.
    Using Talkonaut you may now talk from your mobile to other Google Talk or MSN/Live Messenger users or even to any SIP phone or service.

Talkonaut allows you to make cheap VoIP calls to any mobile or landline phones worldwide in a one-click way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I downloaded via Blazer, installed it with no problem on my Treo 700p started it with the IBM VM icon, gave it a run and it runs. It runs from the icon on the launcher and it works. I then deleted it. Ben
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I downloaded via Blazer, installed it with no problem on my Treo 700p started it with the IBM VM icon, gave it a run and it runs. It runs from the icon on the launcher and it works. I then deleted it. Ben
    Thanks for the test. I guess it wasn't too impressive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was not impressed at all. I ran it and it worked and deleted because I do not see myself needing the application. The interface is clean and setup is quick. This one in fact installed much easier than GoogleMaps - the file was good! Ben
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Thanks again for the input Ben. If I ever get around to reinstalling Java maybe I'll give it a try. I just haven't found a java app thats inspired me to keep it in the Treo yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]