Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I started with Cellular One way back when.. then they were bought out by Cingular. I've been with Cingular since 1998 with little/no problems. Customer service generally is pretty good. When they screwed up my bill, they'd fix it.

Once, I went in to put the $20 MEdiaNet plan to replace my Pay Per Use data and they didn't take off the Pay Per Use, so I spend $300-ish on data. One phone call got it fixed. Cingular's the best choice if you're not too concerned about fast data.. then again they're starting to roll out UMTS so they'll be equivalent to EV-DO eventually.
    I would also put in a vote to be a little patient and get the unlocked version. I believe the price will be $399 and be avaliable the week after Christmas or first week of January.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by kmorris View Post
    What's so strange to me is that those of you with Cingular seem to be directing me to stick with TMO.....are you happy with your service? Just wondering....
    I am, but some may not be so happy with Cingular's prices. I'm with them due to them having more GSM coverage than T-Mobile(at least they did 2 years ago) and also better phones. I also prefer Cingular's data, despite the cost. But with a quad band unlocked phone, you can use T-Mobile's lower rates and roam on Cingular. So if cost is a factor and EDGE is OK with you(gotta wait for T-Mobile's 3G), I'd stay with T-Mobile.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    and 3G isnt coming till end of 07
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PooperScoop View Post
    The Cingular 650 was a disaster.

I cannot tell you how many people on Cingular opted to buy the unlocked because of all the issues with the branded Cingular models. That might be why they are saying stick with TMob and get the unlocked.

That's what I am doing.
    Amazingly I had no problems with my branded 650, because someone had tested it before me for 2 days, LOL! Yes, Cingular sold me a used phone, even if it was by only 2 days. But whatever they did, it worked. No crashes ever, amazingly.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i am currently a Cingular member...and thinking of switching to tmob. i have been waiting for this 680 to compare to the tmob Dash...which i am in love with. i haven’t yet committed to a smart phone, which will be my first. i am currently using a razr. i want a SP for the email and web features but generally hate the size of smart phones. the Dash is smaller then the moto Q and battery life feedback has been great from the users on hofo. i have played with it many times and while i prefer palm OS, WM% is starting to grow on me and you simply cannot beat the size and feel of the Dash. plus tmobs prices are way better. they will tell you, you need the $39.99 total internet plan, but the $19.99 works just fine. and the my favs or 5 favs or whatever it is will pretty much take care of most of my calling circle so my minutes can stay fairly low as well....and CompUSA is selling em for $99 now as well as the Pearl

the 680 will have to be substantially a better phone for me to stay i believe. i will really have to fall in love with the screen (i do however want touch screen which the Dash does not have) and the size will have to be not so offensive to me as most palm devises usually are to me.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of your responses! I've gone over this a million times and then I woke up this morning to find the PALM 680 RELEASE email on my Blackberry! YAY! Guess I don't really have to switch now.....UNLOCKED for me!
    Thanks for all of your responses! I've gone over this a million times and then I woke up this morning to find the PALM 680 RELEASE email on my Blackberry! YAY! Guess I don't really have to switch now.....UNLOCKED for me!
    LOL I'm still trying to decide between this 700p and a 680.
    I might see if Sprint will refund me some of the $325 I paid for the 700p to offset the ETF I will have to pay with T-Mobile or it's Unlocked 680 here I come.
    Hi Kmorris:

I have been reading your post and did you finally get the new Unlocked Treo 680?

My contract won't end till May and just like you I can't wait to get the new Unlocked 680.

Palm.com has this promo where if you trade in your old Treo 650 and get the new 680 via CIngular, they would pay $125 for your Old Treo 650; but then again you have to stick with Cingular, which is more expensive than TMO.

I love my Tmob service and I'm planning to stick with Tmob and today I'm going to hunt for the best price for unlocked and GSM based Treo 680.
    I heard if you want to get the Graphite color it's cheaper than the other colors.

I will keep you posted on the price, but whatever you do, pls do not buy direct from Palm as they are in contract with cingular and i bet you prices out there locked/unlocked is cheaper than what they are offering.

Tks
    Julz

I know we're all self-described Treo fanatics (or else we wouldn't be on this forum), so bare with me as I'm actually considering doing something crazy....

I'm currently on T-Mobile and my contract doesn't expire until July'08! I called last night to confirm this, and also asked how much I'd have to pay to terminate my contract....$200.

To be honest, I've been really happy with my TMO service and have been a loyal customer for over 5 years. What is frustrating, at least to me, is TMO's lack of smartphone selection. I've gotten more and more into the smartphone/pda market and it seems Cingular is always the first GSM provider in the U.S. to release the newest and hottest phones and technology! The result is that I have to buy unlocked phones....I currently have a Blackberry 8700g and pay $19.99 for unlimited internet service. I also get 1000min/$39.99 which is great!

I really want the new Treo 680 and it certainly sounds like it will be out this Friday. It appears that the cost of terminating my TMO contract PLUS a new activation with Cingular ($199 for the Treo, right?) would actually EQUAL the cost of purchasing an unlocked version from PALM ($400-$500 or more). And I know I'd get the Treo sooner rather than later (assuming PALM won't release their unlocked version at the same time).

Am I nuts? What does concern me is what I'll pay extra in monthly charges. As it is, to go with an unlocked 680 on TMO, I'd have to change my BB plan to a 'total internet' plan at $29.99/mo. Not sure which I'd need on Cingular, in addition to the voice plan of course.

I'd love to hear what you guys recommend! Anyone out there who works for Cingular?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nc1mbeng15 View Post
    Hi Kmorris:

I have been reading your post and did you finally get the new Unlocked Treo 680?

My contract won't end till May and just like you I can't wait to get the new Unlocked 680.

Palm.com has this promo where if you trade in your old Treo 650 and get the new 680 via CIngular, they would pay $125 for your Old Treo 650; but then again you have to stick with Cingular, which is more expensive than TMO.

I love my Tmob service and I'm planning to stick with Tmob and today I'm going to hunt for the best price for unlocked and GSM based Treo 680.
    I heard if you want to get the Graphite color it's cheaper than the other colors.

I will keep you posted on the price, but whatever you do, pls do not buy direct from Palm as they are in contract with cingular and i bet you prices out there locked/unlocked is cheaper than what they are offering.

Tks
    Julz

Hi there! Well, I ended up buying an unlocked 680 from Airport Wireless, and sticking with TMO! Better yet, I called TMO and spoke to a customer service rep about their internet options. When they mentioned the '$29/99/mo 'Total Internet Add on' plan (which I knew about), I said that Cingular offered data plans for $19.99/mo. They put me through to retentions and the lady I spoke with basically said she'd match the price (TMO has a $19.99/mo unlimited data plan which is grandfathered)!!! So I've got the best of both worlds! Good luck to you!
    I am on Tmobile too. I bought a 680 from Palm. I wanted the Arctic color for one, been with Tmobile for a while Cingular can't match their prices/ the plan I have.
    I spent $399 for the phone. sold the 650 for $250.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    my faves is a easy fix. Log into my tmobile and change you phone to a my fave phones. Then you will have the option to select your 5 faves. DONE
    But how would you access the favs from your phone if you say, have a Treo? Don't you need a MyFavs phone to access the MyFavs list to make calls?
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have been on TMobile for years, since before they were even Voicestream. I like them a lot, and hate Cingular. Why would you want a Cingular logoed and branded phone that is locked to their network. I just bought my unlocked Crimson 680 from Palm for $399 less $150 in device trades, free shipping, no tax and the music pack (1 gb card, stereo headset, Pocket Tunes Deluxe and Yahoo Music Manager) This is much less than my T650 which cost... $599! Yes, I was one of the first to buy one. Stick with Tmobile, it will be worth it eventually.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I know we're all self-described Treo fanatics (or else we wouldn't be on this forum), so bare with me as I'm actually considering doing something crazy....

I'm currently on T-Mobile and my contract doesn't expire until July'08! I called last night to confirm this, and also asked how much I'd have to pay to terminate my contract....$200.

To be honest, I've been really happy with my TMO service and have been a loyal customer for over 5 years. What is frustrating, at least to me, is TMO's lack of smartphone selection. I've gotten more and more into the smartphone/pda market and it seems Cingular is always the first GSM provider in the U.S. to release the newest and hottest phones and technology! The result is that I have to buy unlocked phones....I currently have a Blackberry 8700g and pay $19.99 for unlimited internet service. I also get 1000min/$39.99 which is great!

I really want the new Treo 680 and it certainly sounds like it will be out this Friday. It appears that the cost of terminating my TMO contract PLUS a new activation with Cingular ($199 for the Treo, right?) would actually EQUAL the cost of purchasing an unlocked version from PALM ($400-$500 or more). And I know I'd get the Treo sooner rather than later (assuming PALM won't release their unlocked version at the same time).

Am I nuts? What does concern me is what I'll pay extra in monthly charges. As it is, to go with an unlocked 680 on TMO, I'd have to change my BB plan to a 'total internet' plan at $29.99/mo. Not sure which I'd need on Cingular, in addition to the voice plan of course.

I'd love to hear what you guys recommend! Anyone out there who works for Cingular?

Thanks!
    Kmorris:

I think you can get an Unlocked Version of Palm Treo 680 for much less than $400-$500.
    I will be on the lookout and if I find a deal, I will let you know.
    Do you live near Houston, Texas..?

Tks
    Nc1mBeng15
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nc1mbeng15 View Post
    Kmorris:

I think you can get an Unlocked Version of Palm Treo 680 for much less than $400-$500.
    I will be on the lookout and if I find a deal, I will let you know.
    Do you live near Houston, Texas..?

Tks
    Nc1mBeng15

I appreciate the offer but I ALREADY have an unlocked 680 that I bought for $399 (no tax, no shipping).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12