1.    #1  
    I am a proud owner of a Verizon Treo 650 for the past year. I now purchased a Verizon Treo 700p.

First. Do I load the new desktop software that came with the 700p or can I use the existing desktop software from my 650?

Second. I need exact & detailed directions for hotsyncing all the stuff from the 650 to the 700p.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
    A CLEAN INSTALL IS A MUST:

Just substitute 650==>700p into the following instructions that describe how to go 600==>650

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    The problem with this instruction is that when I RE-install all my apps, I will have to do MAJOR re-configuring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leibel View Post
    The problem with this instruction is that when I RE-install all my apps, I will have to do MAJOR re-configuring.
    And the problem with not re-installing is that you could end up with a horribly unstable device. The choice is yours. But if you want to simply restore from your backup, you can always hard reset and re-install later. And you probably will.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I understand, but I consider that the price of entry -- for a clean trouble free device. This is the same for most computers -- I would not want to copy my hard drive from an old PC to a new one: I would re-install programs fresh onto the new machine -- I would only copy data to the new machine.

The procedure outlined does this. (An ounce of pervention is woth a pound of cure.) I would rather go thru the process of re-install now -- than run into problems later that can only be cured -- by -- you guessed it -- a clean install. Pay me now or pay me later.

FRESH IS BEST !!

Cheers, Perry

Wow Bob -- you snuck in there on me while I was composing.

Let me put this another way -- WHAT BOB SAID !!
  6.    #6  
    Your Replies to the re-installation is VERY well taken. I surely will do it this way. Thanks.

This is a GREAT forum.
    Enjoy your 700p !!
  8.    #8  
    Iy worked GREAT