Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    This thread's activity is slowing down too much, so I thought I'd give it a bump.

What surprises me a tad is the relatively few personalities who have contributed here. Is it really true that there are so few Canadians on Treocentral getting 680's??

SPEAK UP!! We want to hear about your experiences. If you've been lurking... register -- it is painless ... and fun.

If you've been reading the battery threads, you would have seen my posts about my 680's standby time, which is nothing short of abysmal. Hoping my fellow Canucks are doing better.
    As a fellow Canadian, I followed your directions and got my Arctic 680 from Palm US for cheap(er).

For my other problems see the thread "Help me Love my Treo"
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131186
    I just got off the phone with Rogers at Leslie and York Mills in Toronto. The woman on the phone said that no Rogers stores would be carrying Treos anymore because the return rate was 60%. She said she would not recommend getting a Treo, but you could on the website. This is obviously not true, as some have already bought from stores. Strange that she would say this....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoman View Post
    I just got off the phone with Rogers at Leslie and York Mills in Toronto. The woman on the phone said that no Rogers stores would be carrying Treos anymore because the return rate was 60%. She said she would not recommend getting a Treo, but you could on the website. This is obviously not true, as some have already bought from stores. Strange that she would say this....
    Yeah I heard that too, it's BS. The 650 was major prob for this though ... but, no worries. The 680 are slowly coming in. Call ST.Clair & Yonge, they have a few.
    That's bizarre. Is that even possible? They just came out last week! Perhaps they received a faulty batch.
    I have just joined the treo forums, and have indeed been following this Canuck thread. Unfortunately, I've also been following the 27 battery threads, and have decided to hold off on buying a 680 til I see how things pan out.

I tried to find one on Friday (just to fondle) at all those little cellphone stores in Oakridge mall (in Vancouver) including Roger's own shop, and was told it would be a month before they expected stock.
    Just got back from Bay and Adelaide Toronto. They received stock this morning (don't know how many). Make sure you call ahead and confirm. Cost $299 for hardware upgrade (3 year additional committment).
    Quote Originally Posted by gesundheit View Post
    I have just joined the treo forums, and have indeed been following this Canuck thread. Unfortunately, I've also been following the 27 battery threads, and have decided to hold off on buying a 680 til I see how things pan out.
    Very wise.

I wish I were wise. That would be good.

I tried to find one on Friday (just to fondle) at all those little cellphone stores in Oakridge mall (in Vancouver) including Roger's own shop, and was told it would be a month before they expected stock.
    Did you get to see the dummy? If you haven't, you can ask for it at Pacific Cellular in Metrotown. They have it behind the counter.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I just bought my dad his treo 680 from Wireless wave, in Vaughan Mills Mall today. I also have the 7500v, and one thing i can say is that Palm should have never left HTC from building there treos. It's just not as nice, I'm not even talking about the soft touch paint, just the over all feel of it. I"m really not playing with it cause it's a Christmas gift. But they are out there.

P.S. I visited 6 Rogers stores today, and none of them had them, only WW and phone booth (not sure of the exact name) have them. But Phone booth woun't let you buy it unless you are already a Rogers customer. Stupid if you ask me but at least I got one.
  11.    #151  
    I went to the Eaton Centre on the weekend and one of the stores had them in stockand received them 1 hr. prior to when I arrived. Went to Rogers, Wireless, phone booth (got 3 graphite in stock). Well, I had to pull it out and show them the phone. OUUUUU AHHHHH!
    Those were the words if I remember correctly. They even called the manager to the front for him to have a look. I'm kind of an *ss, I was asking for cases I knew they didn't have. One store offered me a Blackberry case which fit nice and snug but just didn't do it for me. Most people commented on the form factor and the colour, brightness of the screen. I think I am pretty grateful to be one of the very few to have one of these babies. Remember I got mine a day after Patrick got his.

Joke of the day....Rogers @ Eaton Centre and still selling the T650 for $349 on a 3 yr. term. hahahahahhaha
    Funny that none of the Rogers outlets have them, considering that they're the ones who signed on with Palm.

+Kardboard+, I'm not sure if I'm keen enough to travel all the way to MetroTown to see the dummy (although somehow that would seem fitting), but thanks for the heads up. Maybe some other branches of that outlet will have some.
    Funny that none of the Rogers outlets have them, considering that they're the ones who signed on with Palm.

+Kardboard+, I'm not sure if I'm keen enough to travel all the way to MetroTown to see the dummy (although somehow that would seem fitting), but thanks for the heads up. Maybe some other branches of that outlet will have some.
    i only know of 2 locations from Roger's that have them ... you have to go to the non-corp stores. Stay away from the mall locations.
    Sorry, but what's a "non-corp" store?
    Palm Canada is now selling the coloured ones for as much as what you would pay on the USA site:

http://canadastore.palm.com/family/i...v_whatsnew_txt

Update: Hmm, I don't think Palm Canada is offering the free music pack until Dec 22nd like Palm USA 'though.
    Last edited by djinn; 12/13/2006 at 01:26 PM.
    Sorry, but what's a "non-corp" store?
    franchise stores, stay away from the major malls.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Palm Canada is now selling the coloured ones for as much as what you would pay on the USA site:

http://canadastore.palm.com/family/i...v_whatsnew_txt

Update: Hmm, I don't think Palm Canada is offering the free music pack until Dec 22nd like Palm USA 'though.
    Eh, but that's more expensive than the USA store, as US$399 = C$461 and you get free shipping AND the music pack.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    franchise stores, stay away from the major malls.
    OK, I'm particularly thick today, but how do I tell which "Rogers" stores are franchised? When I look at "Rogers Wireless" in the phonebook, or use their store locator on the web, I get plenty of outlets, some in malls and some (that I've been to as well) that are individual storefronts.

Has anybody in Vancouver seen a 680 at any outlet?
  19.    #159  
    Patrick is the best to talk to about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by djinn View Post
    Palm Canada is now selling...
    Darn, I was hoping that would mean the Palm US store would now accept 680 orders from Canada (like all their other models), but you still can't get Canada to show up in the country select field (although all the provinces are in the state/province field). So I guess Patrick's hack in post #49 is still the way to go?

Did the people who ordered from the US get charged PST/GST only?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast