Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    I talked to a rep, and he gave it to me right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Mine is in the system now. Left Detroit at 7:45pm yesterday

hmmm Detroit to Toronto? Not too far away. I can't seeing it getting here today though.

Just talked to Purolotor, and said I should expect it tomorrow. WOOT!

Caally.
    No, Detroit to Toronto is not too far, but Red Wings to Maple Leafs is a long haul. Good thing it is all downhill, eh?

Center of the universe, you say??? Center of the universe? Well, maybe center of the Galaxy, and we all know what lives there -- a black hole. That's the way I think of Toronto, you know, nothing of any significance ever escapes.

So, just to push the envelope here, take a look at the latest package tracking report from Purolator....

Quote Originally Posted by Purolator
    TRACKING DETAILS Close Window
    PIN: ABC1234567
    Total Pieces: 1

Package Details:

E-Mail info to: *
    Your Name: *
    Your E-Mail Address: *
    Send tracking info by e-mail

Scan Date Scan Time Status Comment
    2006/12/06 08:34 On vehicle for delivery
    2006/12/06 06:24 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/06 00:20 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/05 22:28 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/05 22:27 Received
    Notice that line dated today at 8:34???
    Heh, heh, heh ....
    2006/12/05 14:10 Left DETROIT, MI

My package left Detroit yesterday afternoon!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    That's the way I think of Toronto, you know, nothing of any significance ever escapes.
    Insulin was discovered in Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by SMCohen View Post
    Insulin was discovered in Toronto
    "Necessity is the Mother of Invention."
    - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by SMCohen View Post
    Did you guys call Palm to get your tracking number?

I've tried calling them twice to get the Purolator tracking number, but I can't get to talk to a rep because the system keeps hanging up on me (when I ask the automated system for a rep).

Just like you can fool the website, you can fool the phone system too. I had this same issue. When asked if you want to check on an order you have or haven't received, select the "have already received" and you will get put right through to a person (options 1, 3, and then 2 if I remember correctly).

-Scott
    OK, called Purolator and verified that my package is indeed on the truck for delivery today. Since I won't be home (work = $$ = new Treos), I'll be going to their distribution centre tonight ~ 7:00pm to pick it up.

If you're gonna claim you got yours first, we're gonna need some unpacking photos and distinctive screen shots to back it up. We're a tough bunch here, y'know?
    Thanks, Scott but I already got the tracking number - I just spoke with sales and they gave it to me!
  9.    #109  
    Where are you Patrick?

Waiting for pics

I hope that you got it! I need to know if the race is still on? haha.jk.

Update:

2006/12/06 21:45 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/06 21:44 Received
    2006/12/05 19:45 Left DETROIT, MI

Guess I better get up early tomorrow.

Caally
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Where are you Patrick?

Waiting for pics

I hope that you got it! I need to know if the race is still on? haha.jk.

Update:

2006/12/06 21:45 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/06 21:44 Received
    2006/12/05 19:45 Left DETROIT, MI

Guess I better get up early tomorrow.

Caally
    I picked up my beautiful Crimson Crusader from the Purolator distribution site at 6:45 PST tonight.

Just unpacking it now. Pictures to follow...
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I picked up my beautiful Crimson Crusader from the Purolator distribution site at 6:45 PST tonight.

Just unpacking it now. Pictures to follow...

Nice!!!!! Congrads. Mine in on route.

I hope they ship in the morning, cause i have class at 11am. I really don't want to have to go pick it up cause its like 30 min. drive.

Anyways, enough with me, lets see those pics
    Last edited by Caally; 12/06/2006 at 10:51 PM.
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet...
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Congrats Patrick on your new Treo - you won...

Just curious for Caally and Patrick exactly when you placed your order. I placed mine Saturday morning and my tracking number as of right now is still not in the Purolator system. I figured I placed my order 10-12 hours after yours but can't understand why it's not in their system yet....

The tracking number I have is 3 letters followed by 7 numbers. Are yours the same? Maybe I was given the wrong number?
    Hi Stalloneeh, I placed my order on Sunday afternoon and I've been able to track my package. My tracking number is also 3 letters followed by 7 numbers. On the purolator homepage, are you entering this as a PIN number (and not a REF number)? Because there are different fields for this. If you're still not getting anything, perhaps you should call Palm to double check your tracking number.
    Leave it up to Palm....

I ordered the 680 on Saturday..still nothing as of right now in Purolators system.

I ordered a cradle and extra battery from Palm on Monday, no problem tracking that on Purolators site and looks like it'll be delivered today....

I wonder if you can make phone calls with the Treo battery? Gotta love the form factor though....
    I thought I'd leave delivery up to the gods, but I could wait no longer, having followed this thread all week.

So I called Palm then Purolator and the last time my 680 was scanned was...wait for it...this morning in Edmonton. So I'm told to expect it today. Didn't win the race (fitting that you should, Patrick), but I should be charging the device this afternoon and setting it up tonight. Don't have XP at work (still running NT) so will have to sync at home and pull files across each day, but I can live with that for a few weeks (XP Pro rollout to be finished by end of year).

On a trivial note, very curious to gauge the reactions of my colleagues to the copper—my own little focus group. I suspect they'll be more surprised that this conservative guy chose the color than they are turned off by it.
    It's almost out .... confirmed price as I said before.

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...680R&summary=1
    Ordered mine on Monday, Purolator says its on the truck for delivery!!
    Mine is on the truck too, but I probably won't be home when they deliver it - dumb thing is that they bring it back to the main sorting centre, instead of leaving it at the closest Purolator centre/store.
    I spoke too soon - my arctic 680 has arrived. Now, off to work!