Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Thanks for the info, Stalloneeh - so much for the 2-3 day delivery estimate from the website. I got the shipping confirmation email just yesterday, so I guess I can expect mine sometime next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post
    Those in Vancouver (including Patrick, unfortunately) will probably be waiting until next week.
    I'm starting to regret I ever divulged the ordering algorithm to you Eastern infidels.
    my apologies, I was just about to order it off of the palm website, until the hit you with that $70 fee, so i called up rogers instead, and they will be selling the treo outright for $499.99. So why not save some and buy it from rogers, if you don't need an unlocked version? My dad's on rogers so it doesn't matter to me whether or not if it's unlocked, and plus he like the graphite version also.
    Just released on Rogers, available for $299.99 CAD when purchased with a three-year voice and data service agreement. Damn their data service agreements!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    If the experience with my 650 is anything to go on, you can drop the data plan as soon as your rebate cheque arrives.
  6.    #86  
    Patrick, as soon as I saw your name I thought you got it.

The wait goes on. Any updates on shipping status?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    I'm starting to regret I ever divulged the ordering algorithm to you Eastern infidels.
    Or perhaps to Oilers fans (I'm in St. Albert outside of Edmonton)?! After the kickin' last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    Just released on Rogers, available for $299.99 CAD when purchased with a three-year voice and data service agreement. Damn their data service agreements!
    Just tried to click through to see if it woulda been good for me and got this "Unfortunately the phone you have selected is not currently available for purchase online at rogers.com. " so it's not quite there.

Even when it arrives, I'm happy with the US purchase b/c I get to stay with Fido (and keep my number) and I'm not locked into a contract.

But I must say that it surprises me how quickly it got to Canada after the prognostications earlier in this thread re: CRTC and FCC.
    So should I be worrying that a couple of my colleagues who have worked for carriers say that Treos are notoriously unreliable? I'm assuming that the newer models are better, and I want the Palm OS and 680 form factor so much that I'm willing to take a flyer, but any collective experience you have would be appreciated. Even if you have to lie to me.

Especially any experience related to getting Palm US to service a device owned by a Canuck. Large shipping costs to get it back-and-forth?
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post

And I was told that Sens fans (this means you Caally), will have their shipment lost and sent back to Palm....:-)
    Man, it sucks to be a Sens fan sometimes. I wonder if I need to pack
    a gun wearing a Sens jersey in Toronto.

Its funny you said that because I got an email from Palm stating that my Treo will be delayed a while cause they seemed to have lost tracking of where it is.

JUST KIDDING!

I hope to see it by Thursday, thx for the info.

Caally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    Patrick, as soon as I saw your name I thought you got it.
    Worried about losing the race, Caally? Heh! Well, you have good reason... Lookie, lookie here! Purolator knows about my package!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purolator Package Tracking Web Site
    TRACKING DETAILS Close Window
    PIN: ABC1234567
    Total Pieces: 1

Package Details:

E-Mail info to: *
    Your Name: *
    Your E-Mail Address: *
    Send tracking info by e-mail

Scan Date Scan Time Status Comment
    2006/12/06 00:20 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/05 22:28 Shipment In Transit
    2006/12/05 22:27 Received
    Now, do I believe Stalloneeh about it crossing the border in the godforsaken winter wonderland that is Ontario, or do I have a measure of optimism that UPS actually knows there's a border crossing right here in the Vancouver area?

Basically, its one day or four..... one day or four.... one day or..... Grrrr!!! WHY DIDN'T MY PARENTS TEACH ME TO BE PATIENT??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyoff View Post
    Or perhaps to Oilers fans (I'm in St. Albert outside of Edmonton)?! After the kickin' last night...
    Ouch.

Ok, Eastern infidels and Oilers fans, the lot of you.

Speaking of which, guys and gals, why don't you all have your location proudly displayed by your moniker?? It would help to avoid these nasty misunderstandings, y'know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyoff View Post
    So should I be worrying that a couple of my colleagues who have worked for carriers say that Treos are notoriously unreliable? I'm assuming that the newer models are better, and I want the Palm OS and 680 form factor so much that I'm willing to take a flyer, but any collective experience you have would be appreciated. Even if you have to lie to me.

Especially any experience related to getting Palm US to service a device owned by a Canuck. Large shipping costs to get it back-and-forth?
    Gary, I'd love to lie to you, but I can't. Your buddies are not far off the tracks. Palms are much more complicated that your typical Moto flip so, yes, you should not expect your Palm life to be problem-free.

However, that's what we're all here for.
    Dammit, all you people and your crazy antics have got me all caught up and I finally redeemed my Palm Bucks by getting a Copper 680. BAH! My brother needed a phone, so we'll have to figure out who gets which one!

*goes off to corner to grumble about personal finances*

Anyways, PatrickS, we might be the first in Vancity to get 680s!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Oh, damn, Stalloneeh was right. If you look at the timestamps in that shipping status message, they're three hours ahead of me... Eastern time. Damn, damn, damn.
  16.    #96  
    Worried about losing the race, Caally? Heh! Well, you have good reason... Lookie, lookie here! Purolator knows about my package!!!!

Now, do I believe Stalloneeh about it crossing the border in the godforsaken winter wonderland that is Ontario, or do I have a measure of optimism that UPS actually knows there's a border crossing right here in the Vancouver area?

Basically, its one day or four..... one day or four.... one day or..... Grrrr!!! WHY DIDN'T MY PARENTS TEACH ME TO BE PATIENT??!!
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Believe me I will be calling Purolator tomorrow morning and there better be a logical excuse. jk.

Patrick I'm not out quite just yet. (Doesn't look good though)

Anyways, I hope you get it, atleast it tells me mine in within hours.
    Last edited by Caally; 12/06/2006 at 01:46 AM.
  17.    #97  
    Oh, damn, Stalloneeh was right. If you look at the timestamps in that shipping status message, they're three hours ahead of me... Eastern time. Damn, damn, damn.
    MUH HA HA HA, MUH HA HA....(almost the same sound as Austin Powers)
    lol. I haven't got my shipping but I think it will just land here before it goes into the system. Wishful thinking anyways.

Zooooooom, I just passed you. jk.
    Wow Patrick, yours is already in the Purolator system?

I just called Purolator and they still don't have my package.....

But I anticipate it in their system some time today, with delivery hopefully for tomorrow.....(I'm an Eastern infidel)....

Plus, isn't Toronto the center of the universe in Canada?
  19.    #99  
    Mine is in the system now. Left Detroit at 7:45pm yesterday

hmmm Detroit to Toronto? Not too far away. I can't seeing it getting here today though.

Just talked to Purolotor, and said I should expect it tomorrow. WOOT!

Caally.
    Last edited by Caally; 12/06/2006 at 09:26 AM.
    Did you guys call Palm to get your tracking number?

I've tried calling them twice to get the Purolator tracking number, but I can't get to talk to a rep because the system keeps hanging up on me (when I ask the automated system for a rep).
    Last edited by SMCohen; 12/06/2006 at 11:16 AM.