Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Graphite hopefully heading for Ontario with confirmation number and status of Order Received...

Thanks for the heads up PatrickS!
    Was at a Rogers store (Pacific Cellular) at Metrotown here in Vancouver, and when I asked about a "new Treo" the guy whipped out a demo unit of a Graphite 680! "Any day now," he says. Like a previous post has stated, the guy said it will most likely come in a few colours to Rogers. After playing with it for a couple of minutes, I wasn't actually too impressed with the form factor. It doesn't feel all that slim despite what some reviews have said, and the new button designs (not the keyboard) look and feel cheap compared to the 650 and the 700s. SD card slot cover was halfway between good and flimsy. I also noticed that on the fake screen, pTunes has been renamed to "MP3". Pricing is around $399 without a data plan, but take that with much sodium.

Good news regardless!
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    She's shipped. The order tracking still says being processed, but I've received confirmation via email that it's been shipped. Still inclined to cross my fingers, though.

It's like I'm 5 and waiting for Christmas Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyoff View Post
    It's like I'm 5 and waiting for Christmas Day.
    That's exactly the way I feel, too! Let's hope it's different from when I was five and found out my shiny new Christmas toy arrived Batteries Not Included.
  5.    #65  
    Received email from Palm stating that my order is processing, no ship info. yet though. Processing does say that it should be shipped within 24hrs.
    The processing notice was dated on Dec.1, so I hope that means that it will be shipped on Monday.

I hope its true. fingers crossed.

Caally.
    dtmfjunkie has found the 680 at Rogers Wireless' Technical Support Centre! Previously posted in another thread.

Check it out here.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I was at Yorkdale in Toronto, and a sales guy at Rogers said to check back in a week or two. They have the dummy unit as well (although I didn't look at it). He thought pricing would be the same as the current 650 price and the 650 would plummet.
  8.    #68  
    WOOT! My baby is on its way!

We're pleased to inform you that the following item(s) from order
    XXXXXX-XXXXXX have been shipped. For items with a status other
    than shipped, you will receive an e-mail notification of the shipment
    when it occurs. Your credit card has now been charged for the item(s)
    that have shipped, plus any applicable sales tax.

Caally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caally View Post
    WOOT! My baby is on its way!
    The race is on! Who's gonna get the very first Canuck Crimson Crusader? You or me??

Post as soon as you get yours! I expect mine tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoman View Post
    I was at Yorkdale in Toronto, and a sales guy at Rogers said to check back in a week or two. They have the dummy unit as well (although I didn't look at it). He thought pricing would be the same as the current 650 price and the 650 would plummet.
    Price is confrimed at 299.99 w 3 yr contract. Look at the 650 and the 700 on Telus, it's dirt cheap .... 49.99 & 199.99
    Just wanted my fellow Canucks waiting patiently for their new toys to know what's happening with my 680 shipment.

I called Purolator again a few minutes ago and they still do not have my tracking number in their system. It has been several days now -- since Friday -- that I've had the "shipped" email from Palm so I was beginning to worry the shipment had gotten lost.

So, I just called Palm again and here's the story...

The package goes by UPS to the Canadian border where it is picked up by Purolator. According to the Palm CSR I spoke with, it has historically taken 3-4 days to get there. Purolator wont have anything in their system until this happens. I asked if I could get a UPS tracking number to see where the package is right now and he said they don't have those UPS numbers.

So, we're faced with more waiting. I'm now thinking Wed-Thurs of this week before my package arrives, if I'm lucky. The border could very well be backed up this time of year, too.

I blame my parents. They forgot to teach me how to be patient.
    Patrick

Getting a tracking number from palm is useless. In my experience, it takes them exactly 4 business days to get a Treo up here to your door. Of course Purolator has nothing in their system, because they don't have it yet. By the time they get the package and you go to check, they'll already be at your door.

Also, even though you got the Shipped email on Saturday or late Friday, it will not have been shipped until today. So that's why I say expect it Thursday.

Here's another reason Palm has organizational issues.....

I ordered the Graphite 680 when it came out on the 22nd to be delivered to family in the U.S. When Patrick figured out how to ship directly to Canada, i ordered one of the coloured 680's instead on Saturday. I get the processing email an hour later then a shipped email 3 or 4 hours after that. Still no movement on the graphite order so I call Palm and cancel that order. I instantly receive an email confirming cancellation.

Then later on Saturday I get 2 more emails..1 confirming processing and another shipping email for the Graphite.

Now how is this possible when I cancelled the Graphite order AND got email confirmation of such?

What a pain in the ****. Now I'll be sending it back, incurring an expense to Palm that they could have avoided. What incredible mismanagement.

I also called to check on my Canadian order to get the tracking number (which is a waste of time because you'll get the Treo by the time you can track it). The rep was bewildered telling me that they are not allowed to ship to Canada and cannot do it. But obviously, the shipping notice was in front of the reps face, but the rep still could not believe it, still insisting it could not be done.

The rep then asked me how I ordered it, which I did NOT explain, but rather answered that it's pretty sad that Palm's customers know more about their ordering system than their own employees.....

What a bunch of jokers....the only thing holding them together is the legacy customers who love the Palm OS....like me.

Almost forgot....if you need an extra battery, you can order it right now for $49.99 and a Cradle for $59.99. When you order these 2 together, you get a $30 instant discount from Palm, bringing the total to $79.98. The benefit of the cradle is that it can charge a battery on it's own. I recommend you all get at least another battery. The stock battery will be perfect if your Treo sits in your drawer and you don't use it. I have 4 batteries for my Treo 650 (2 of them are Seidio 2400mah) and I find the Seidio 2400 still does not get me through a full day. I use a lot of email (Chatteremail) and 2500-3000 minutes a month. You should also have no issues ordering accessories from Palm to ship to Canada on their website. It's the actual shipping of Treo 680 phones that is the problem.
    Last edited by Stalloneeh; 12/04/2006 at 02:06 PM.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Just wanted my fellow Canucks waiting patiently for their new toys to know what's happening with my 680 shipment.

I called Purolator again a few minutes ago and they still do not have my tracking number in their system. It has been several days now -- since Friday -- that I've had the "shipped" email from Palm so I was beginning to worry the shipment had gotten lost.

So, I just called Palm again and here's the story...

The package goes by UPS to the Canadian border where it is picked up by Purolator. According to the Palm CSR I spoke with, it has historically taken 3-4 days to get there. Purolator wont have anything in their system until this happens. I asked if I could get a UPS tracking number to see where the package is right now and he said they don't have those UPS numbers.

So, we're faced with more waiting. I'm now thinking Wed-Thurs of this week before my package arrives, if I'm lucky. The border could very well be backed up this time of year, too.

I blame my parents. They forgot to teach me how to be patient.
    Got the exact same story.

Not even in the purolator system yet.

Caally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalloneeh View Post
    But obviously, the shipping notice was in front of the reps face, but the rep still could not believe it, still insisting it could not be done.

The rep then asked me how I ordered it...
    LMAO. Gaming the system is so much fun. Thanks again Patrick.

ROTFL now

As a member of the "first Canuck to get the 680 sweepstakes" I was assuming that it would be Friday. So Thursday would be good news. Given that we all ordered on the weekend, all shipped today...so ya, Patrick, we'll have to post as soon as we get it to see who wins.
    It's out on rogers. Was just there today and they had it in stock.
  16.    #76  
    I just saw Santa's sleigh fly over my house with a bright light flashing
    saying "Caally's Treo", so I think I'm in the lead.
    680 for sale on Palm Canada site. See here. But, price of C$499.99 is a bit steep compared to US$399.99; you are better to buy in the US.
    Especially steep considering the US site offers the free music kit with 1gb SD card.
    Well if you look at the hassle just to order it online for the USA website, it might be worth it. And anyone who has ordered it from that webiste doesn't know how much duty they will be charged? So it might work out to be cheaper.
    candian studen..you're incorrect...all you pay when you order from PALM US is GST and PST on top of the price of the phone. There are no duties.

Plus if you a teacher etc, you can get it for $349, plus approx $50 in taxes, bringing the grand total out of pocket to $400 US or about $450 Canadian. If you order from Palm Canada, you're looking at almost $575 including taxes. Even if you pay full price from Palm US ($399), and even after you factor in taxes and the exchange rate, you'll still be ahead by $60-70 by ordering from Palm US. There is NO downside...not even when it comes to service, because you can still get the Treo serviced by Palm US.

now here's the good news and bad news regarding delivery.....

Those of you in Ontario can expect the Treo within 1 business day after it hits the border..(I anticipate it hitting the border tomorrow if you ordered on the weekend, so Thursday still looks good). Those in Vancouver (including Patrick, unfortunately) will probably be waiting until next week.

I spoke to Purolator today and they said all the orders come in through Ontario...then go by ground to other parts of the country...which means 4 more business days after they hit Ontario to get to Vancouver, as an example. So Vancouverites can probably expect it by next tuesday would be my guess.....

And I was told that Sens fans (this means you Caally), will have their shipment lost and sent back to Palm....:-)