Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Think your Treo is secure (Like I did)? Read what BluePill does that no other Palm Treo security application can match, here:

http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules....howpage&pid=13

And with a price point of $7.95, it's a great deal! msafe is twice that and yet can simply be deleted from your found/stolen Treo using the basic application delete process.

Add this application to your MUST HAVE Treo applications (along with Resco Backup) <Paid political advertisement - END>

Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  2.    #2  
    BTW, I tested BP and sent the SMS message while staring at my turned off Treo (radio on). It didn't show any signs of anything (exactly what you want when your Treo is in the hands of a "finder/thief"). After about 10 seconds I turned it on, got the security "Owner Info" popup screen, followed by a hard reset (formatting, initializing, etc.) screen and all my personal stuff was gone when she rebooted. I popped the SD card in my laptop card reader . . . it had been reformatted! Excellent. I haven't tested the send confirmation SMS yet. Thought I'd leave something for someone else to confirm.
    Last edited by wellsjs; 11/20/2006 at 05:31 PM.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hey, praise God Wells!!! I've been lookin' for this exact program. My initial run has been a lot better than my runs with M-Safe or its previous cousins.

I do have a question for you though, how do you go about "re-formatting" your SD card and restoring the info after you wipe it; if that's possible?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    I do have a question for you though, how do you go about "re-formatting" your SD card and restoring the info after you wipe it; if that's possible?
    I use Resco Backup to perform a scheduled backup of my RAM everyday at 4 a.m., saving the last three backup sets (3 days worth of backups). I use an Agendus weekly reminder to tell me to backup my SD card to my laptop (I use PowerDesk Pro, which has a great "synchronize" feature for that). That way, if my Treo is lost/stolen WITH MY BACKUPS AND SD CARD IN IT, I'm covered!

To prep for the BluePill test, I did a manual Resco Backup and synced my SD card to my laptop. After BluePill had formatted my SD card and hard reset my Treo, returning it to factory installed apps condition, I popped the SD card in my laptop and restored its backup to the 2 gig SC card (with about 1.6 gig of data, music, pics, etc. this did take about 8 minutes). When the card was restored, I popped it in the Treo, which automatically switches to the "card" category and Resco Backup was there (when you install Resco Backup it automatically installs a copy to the Launcher directory on the card. In fact, when you install updates, the program reminds you "do you want to update the copy on your card?"). I launched Resco Backup and hit Restore, picked my most recent backup set and started the restore. That restore only takes about two minutes. At the end you are presented a "reset" button and when the Treo rebooted it was EXACTLY like it was before BluePill did its dastardly deed!

NOTE: If you have a spare SD card with anything at all on it, just back it up and use it. If it's reformatted after the test, you've proven it works and you don't have to go thought the whole restore. But I do think it is good to prove the whole process at least once, so that you test not only BluePill, but your complete backup strategy.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Smooth!! Thanks a lot Wells for all the info!
    I used uninstall manager to uninstall bluepill. Of course bluepill is not uninstalled, but the preference file is...then the specified action is gone and the triggering sms doesn't work. This also works with the built in 'delete' function if you just tap 'cancel' instead of entering the password.
    Treo 650 Verizon
  7.    #7  
    V 1.1.2 released and neither UM or built in 'delete' function if you just tap 'cancel' instead of entering the password works anymore.

Thanks for the catch abe!!! Like Microsoft products . . . holes are found . . . holes are plugged!

Let's hope BluePill is unlike MS apps in that it's a never ending cycle!
    What if you want to uninstall Bluepill yourself?
    Will the SMS work if sent from an email/website, or does it have to come from another phone?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    What if you want to uninstall Bluepill yourself?
    You can uninstall Blue Pill using the palm launcher>delete. You just have to knos the password (it asks you for the system password).
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
    Will the SMS work if sent from an email/website, or does it have to come from another phone?

I used Google SMS and it worked, so, no, you don't have to use another phone to send the SMS.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Is version 1.1.2 available for download and if so, could someone post the link? I seem to only be finding 1.1.0. Thanks!
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    V 1.1.2 released and neither UM or built in 'delete' function if you just tap 'cancel' instead of entering the password works anymore.

Thanks for the catch abe!!! Like Microsoft products . . . holes are found . . . holes are plugged!

Let's hope BluePill is unlike MS apps in that it's a never ending cycle!
    wellsjs: The wording of this message has me wondering. Are you affiliated with (or are you) the developer of Blue Pill? If so, that's fine, but your first post is a little misleading. No problem with posting links to your own software, but I think developers should make it clear that's what they're doing.

Yes, I see you wrote "paid political advertisement," but that's not real clear either. I AM going to try this out, though.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    wellsjs: The wording of this message has me wondering. Are you affiliated with (or are you) the developer of Blue Pill? If so, that's fine, but your first post is a little misleading. No problem with posting links to your own software, but I think developers should make it clear that's what they're doing.

Yes, I see you wrote "paid political advertisement," but that's not real clear either. I AM going to try this out, though.
    I don't think he is the developer, this is made by Dmitry of http://www.palmpowerups.com/

He is an extraordinary programmer and understands the Palm OS better than anyone I've seen.

By the way, I have not tried this product yet.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post

I can see where my "agenda" and motives could be confusing to those who don't know me. I've been around 1src since dirt was created, but I'm fairly new to TreoCentral (since my recent acquisition of a Treo 700p).

No, I don't program at all. I helped dmitry grinberg (who is the developer) with ideas and debugging, as I have helped in the past with SkinUI 2.x. The "Paid political" thing was a joke. Dmitry has never paid me a dime, but I think it's time we discussed that . . . just kidding!

One of my reasons for starting this thread is that I really gave dmitry a hard time about this app (1src) until he PROVED to me that it really is unique and better than the current alternatives. So I felt like sorta paying him back for the abuse he took off of me until I became a "believer." Uh, "believer" in BluePill . . . been a "believer" in Jesus a long time . . . but that's another chapter!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Is version 1.1.2 available for download and if so, could someone post the link? I seem to only be finding 1.1.0. Thanks!
    1.1.0 is all I kind find as well. Where do we DL the update?

PS Considering what this app can do, shouldn't it be called The Morning After Pill?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    The site is http://www.palmpowerups.com/ - you will have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one, after installation, the device may reset.

Ben
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    The site is http://www.palmpowerups.com/ - you will have to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one, after installation, the device may reset.

Ben
    It shows 1.1.0 not 1.1.2.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    It shows 1.1.0 not 1.1.2.
    The file you download from this link is actually 1.1.2. I verified it earlier. i guess Dmitry has not update the page noting 1.1.2.

Peace!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast