Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109
  1. #81  
    Can BluePill only be deleted using the "Delete" function from the Treo? I was able to delete with no problem this way but it was a no go with Uninstall Manager.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I have 2 questions, if you don't mind.

    Using BluePill, I see a screen with the same line duplicated which is <DISABLED ACTION> Why is this same line duplicated from top to bottom of screen? Is it all the same thing, or different? Also, is there a cheat sheet for what settings to use?
    This is so you can have different setups for different key phrases. Each line "Setup" represent its own function.

    Hope this helped.

    James
  3. badler's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #83  
    A question and a thought about enhancing Treo security --

    Q: I'm still not sure why one would need BluePill if TealLock 6 will remotely lock and/or delete data. (FWIW, I'm using mSafe, which seems to function okay.)

    I added to my Treo's security by having a program on my Treo that instantly locks it when run. The program's called LockOff -- there are others that do the same thing. The twist is to combine LockOff with a second program called ChangeMe that lets you rename any Treo program. I've renamed the instant-locking program "Nude Pics," figuring that it's very likely that somebody who finds or even steals my Treo will want to run "Nude Pics."
  4. #84  
    How is BluePill different from the erase via SMS functionality of Butler?
  5. #85  
    It is faster and there is no indication what is happening until the deal is done. Have you tried it yet?

    Ben
  6. #86  
    I run both and also have mSafe. The reason why is that BluePill works for sure and it works quicker and without the user being aware of what has happened while the deed is being done. I have had licenses for both TealLock 5 and mSafe for a couple of years and upgraded to TealLock 6. I like TealLock better than mSafe due to the number of options it offers and the real fact that it is better supported.

    When I first tried BluePill, I looked specifically at its ability to lock and/or zap the device in terms of speed and efficiency and compared it with TealLock 6's abilities. TealLock 6 can be interrupted because the user sees the action, fast though it might be. BluePill does its thing without the user knowing it and that is what I was looking at.

    A combination of TealLock 6 for general security and BluePill for the just in case I loose it makes a good combination.

    Ben

    When you start adding multiple programs though, things can and sometimes do happen that can cause problems down the road.

    Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    A question and a thought about enhancing Treo security --

    Q: I'm still not sure why one would need BluePill if TealLock 6 will remotely lock and/or delete data. (FWIW, I'm using mSafe, which seems to function okay.)

    I added to my Treo's security by having a program on my Treo that instantly locks it when run. The program's called LockOff -- there are others that do the same thing. The twist is to combine LockOff with a second program called ChangeMe that lets you rename any Treo program. I've renamed the instant-locking program "Nude Pics," figuring that it's very likely that somebody who finds or even steals my Treo will want to run "Nude Pics."
  7. #87  
    I went to upgrade to the newer version of Bluepill 1.1.3. I deleted 1.1.1 first and reset my Treo 700P as instructed... immediately went into an infinite loop of resets. Had to do a hard reset and restore from backup to get my Treo operational again.

    Now I can't install Bluepill. The app isn't listed as installed and I can't find any residual files left around.

    How can I reinstall Bluepill now? I sent an email to the program author but he hasn't responded several days later.

    TIA.
  8. #88  
    I have a question, I try the check in and feedback sms feature and I don't get an sms back. Well my questions is I'm on verizon and I was wondering if anyone knows if that is one of the service providers that don't allow that feature?


    Thank you.
    Google is my Best Friend


    The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

    http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Yes, it's a shame

    Palm must have changed things inside, otherwise others would have worked it out by now.
    Oh, and by the way, the "rock I've been hiding under" is called a Sony Clie TH55 . . . only been active in the Palm Treo forum environment a couple of months now, and having a 700p, haven't spent any time in the Treo 650 forums. That would explain my ignorance! At least it's the only and best excuse I have!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
  10. #90  
    Am I being obtuse here, or could you not simply do a warm reset and delete any of these programs?
  11. #91  
    Ben & Others,

    Aside from its ability to encrypt, what advantages does TealLock have over the native palm security app? Ben, you've mentioned several times, now that you have TL set to lock after a 15-min. interval. That's possible, too, with the ordinary Palm security app. What's the added value of using TL?

    Also, does BluePill lock the device if the radio is turned off? Couldn't someone turn the radio off and then strip the data off of your SD?

    I was also going to ask about a warm reset, but Khaytsus beat me to that one. Would like to know, too, though.
  12. #92  
    No, once a reset is executed, the lock maintains control over the device. The only work around is a hard reset.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Am I being obtuse here, or could you not simply do a warm reset and delete any of these programs?
  13. #93  
    Just to make sure--the question had to do with a warm reset. On the 650 (I've not had occasion to do this on my 700p, so I'm not sure if it's the same) a *WARM* reset is executed by clicking the reset button under the battery cover with your stylus while simultaneously holding "up" on the 5-way. This is different from a mere reset, and generally allows you to delete items otherwise "undeletable"--particularly when using the Palm's native delete feature. Thanks.
  14. #94  
    With the 600 I found the default locking application to be erratic at best when it came to locking after a specified period of inactivity - that is why I went looking for security applications. In addition, it is the number of options - TealLock and similar programs offer more options. The default application does not allow you to zap the device. The default application when I was using it did not always lock the device after a period of inactivity. The extra options, protecting specific applications, allowing the user to dial a specific number when it is found (my other cell phone number is the ONLY number it will dial when locked).

    If the radio is turned off then no application is capable of react to a received SMS message.

    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    Ben & Others,

    Aside from its ability to encrypt, what advantages does TealLock have over the native palm security app? Ben, you've mentioned several times, now that you have TL set to lock after a 15-min. interval. That's possible, too, with the ordinary Palm security app. What's the added value of using TL?

    Also, does BluePill lock the device if the radio is turned off? Couldn't someone turn the radio off and then strip the data off of your SD?

    I was also going to ask about a warm reset, but Khaytsus beat me to that one. Would like to know, too, though.
  15. #95  
    Could you please make a function to send a text message to a pre-defined number when someone changes the original SIM card? Now I use Underguard to get notifications about SIM card replacement (it greatly helped me once!) and Callfilter to lock the phone. I would prefer it would be all in one application.
  16. #96  
    Appreciate your detailed response. I have my phone go into lock upon power-off (700p) and it has yet to fail me. Don't have the individual app. lock, but the native security app on the 700p (and 650 for that matter) allows you to program up to three phone numbers, if memory serves, to be the ONLY numbers dialed (besides 911) in the event the phone is locked. On my "owner screen" I ID myself w/ e-mail, and list two contact numbers. Those are the only numbers that may be called.

    Butler has a feature such that when the radio is off, the device locks. But this would happen anyway, since my device locks on power-off.

    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    With the 600 I found the default locking application to be erratic at best when it came to locking after a specified period of inactivity - that is why I went looking for security applications. In addition, it is the number of options - TealLock and similar programs offer more options. The default application does not allow you to zap the device. The default application when I was using it did not always lock the device after a period of inactivity. The extra options, protecting specific applications, allowing the user to dial a specific number when it is found (my other cell phone number is the ONLY number it will dial when locked).

    If the radio is turned off then no application is capable of react to a received SMS message.

    Ben
  17. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    #97  
    Just wondering how BluePill is working out? Any problems?

    I haven't been able to pull up their website for a couple of days at www.palmpowerups.com. Is there a different site?
  18. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    Just wondering how BluePill is working out? Any problems?

    I haven't been able to pull up their website for a couple of days at www.palmpowerups.com. Is there a different site?
    The web site is having a MySQL problem and reportedly will be back up shortly.

    Regarding BleuPill, other than the SMS reply function not working for me (Sprint 700P), it is otherwise a great app.

    I highly recommend it.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  19. qb11g's Avatar
    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #99  
    This might seem like a dumb question but I'm trying to register my expired trial version of Blue Pill and I can't find the link to do this on the Palmpowerups website. Could some kind lad be of assistance?
  20. #100  
    Check the very first post in this thread....
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions