Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Yes, I installed TealLock 5.x on my old Sony NX80v using JackFlash, but as I said above, flashing ROM on 700ps and I think 650s too, has not been made available by anyone, i.e. the "fallback file" will not work on Late model Treos.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    OK, so the difference between this and Butler's sms triggers to lock, wipe device, wipe card or both is what? That BluePill can't be deleted from the device in case the person who finds or steals it knows enough how to do so?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    Yes, I installed TealLock 5.x on my old Sony NX80v using JackFlash, but as I said above, flashing ROM on 700ps and I think 650s too, has not been made available by anyone, i.e. the "fallback file" will not work on Late model Treos.
    ROMTool will flash rom on treo650's...
    Treo 650 Verizon
  4.    #44  
    How about the 700p . . . anyone tried it?
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    How about the 700p . . . anyone tried it?
    See post 40.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Not wanting to be rude, but what rock have you been living under for the last 7 months

The New ROM Tool is being used by loads of 650 users to customise their ROM, add things, take out things etc.

I suppose you therefore have not heard about using 4gb sd cards in the 650 by adding the FAT32 file to your ROM.

And to answer your question, no the ROM Tool does not work on the 700p
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Anyone else having problems with the BluePill reply sms.

If I tick the reply with status option, it does not sms the phone I sent the sms from ?

mSafe does this OK for me.
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitrygr View Post
    i welcome any ideas on improving the app, so feel free to send them to me
    Some unique things that mobiLock does you might want to include (and a few it doesn't):

trigger to play a song (useful if you're looking for your phone around the house) using pTunes or RealPlayer or XYz..

trigger to take a picture with the Camera

trigger to dial a phone number (ideally too, it could dial a phone number and enable speakerphone mode, so if you lost your phone in the house, it would call you back in with the speakerphone on so you could talk into the phone and find it, which is great especially if the mute switch was on and you couldn't hear it ring!)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Not wanting to be rude, but what rock have you been living under for the last 7 months

The New ROM Tool is being used by loads of 650 users to customise their ROM, add things, take out things etc.

I suppose you therefore have not heard about using 4gb sd cards in the 650 by adding the FAT32 file to your ROM.

And to answer your question, no the ROM Tool does not work on the 700p
    Well I've learned something today I didn't know. Thank you for not being rude, almost! You're last line was the saddest of all.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    OK, so the difference between this and Butler's sms triggers to lock, wipe device, wipe card or both is what? That BluePill can't be deleted from the device in case the person who finds or steals it knows enough how to do so?
    That and the fact that Butler's incoming SMS alerts its arrival, i.e. Treo turns on, audible beep, then turns off. If you quickly turn it back on again, even with the system lockout screen coming up, you interrupt the RAM/SD wipe! Not good!
    mSafe locks the unit if the sd card is removed.

I don't think BluePill does this, but it's a nice feature.
    Thought of the day :
    You're last line was the saddest of all.
    Yes, it's a shame

Palm must have changed things inside, otherwise others would have worked it out by now.
    Thought of the day :
    I have thought of doing a custom ROM; however, due to my dependence on it for work, I have not got the nerve to do it. I download the files, read the instructions, wrote the steps down and compared them to what was given me, and promptly said no way. I am not in a position to go further with this line.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by phantom357 View Post
    I think that Blue Pill is an awesome program. However, if TealLock 6 is put into the ROM, there wouldn't be a need for Blue Pill, am I correct?

Ben, I thought that I read somewhere that you have TealLock part of your ROM. I might be wrong (blame it on Old Timers). But that's the reason for my question. Thanks in advance.
  14.    #54  
    mSafe locks the unit if the sd card is removed.

I don't think BluePill does this, but it's a nice feature.
    Not sure if we're talking from the same sheet of music but I did a BluePill SMS designed to wipe RAM and SD with the SD card removed, and it locked, wiped RAM as I would hope and expect it to.

BTW, if you go to the main BP thread over at 1src, apparently dmitry is going to rewrite the app a bit, to create a separate BP prefs file to solve some security issues. This would be a good time to put in your two cents about other needs, wants, desires. BP is new and I'm sure dmitry will do a good deal of refining and improving as we move toward v2.0.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Anyone else having problems with the BluePill reply sms.

If I tick the reply with status option, it does not sms the phone I sent the sms from ?

mSafe does this OK for me.
    I don't think the reply SMS works on the Sprint 700P (at least it's never worked on mine). I think Dmitry has it working on the Treo 650. I don't know if it works on Verizon Treo 700P.

Wellsjs do you know if it's working on your Verizon Treo?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Right, both Teal Lock and mSafe can lock the device when the SD card is removed; BluePill does not. Remember, BluePill is a remote operation application, it is not intended for "local" operation. Ben
  17.    #57  
    OK, I get it now, you are referring to locking the device the instant the card is ejected! Duh! on me! No, BluePill doesn't claim to and doesn't do that . . . yet!
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post

Wellsjs do you know if it's working on your Verizon Treo?
    Unfortunantly, I don't have another phone I can test/send to.
    There should be no reason it would not work on a Verizon phone - give it a go after doing a backup and see what happens. Ben
  20.    #60  
    I have now upgraded TealLock to 6.x (only $7.95 upgrade)! I've had this app for years on my former Sony PDAs (TH55 / NX80V / T655). Now I feel pretty secure . . . TealLock taking care of protecting my "identity" from the "git-go" if my Treo is lost or stolen. Most likely, the finder/thief will try unlocking it 5 times (that's what I have the self-destruct set to in TealLock) and the RAM and card will be wiped. But to make sure, I will send the BluePill of death SMS also.

Just tested TealLock by entering the password wrong 5 times. I got a screen that says "Please stand by . . . " No keys work. It's as if the device is frozen, and then it resets to system lockout screen with my owner contact info . . . cool! One last chance for the finder/thief to be an honest, nice guy or gal! I could not get this screen to unlock with my own password (or no password), so even though RAM is probably already reformatted, the only option is a hard reset.

Feeling pretty good about my Treo data/identity security right about now!

P.S. Oops, TealLock does not reformat the SD card as advertised on self-destruct!!

Feeling less good now . . .

I've reported it . . . since 6.x is still in beta, hopefully they'll have a quick fix. Could be it's device specific too, like only the Treo 700p doesn't work while 650s might work.
    Last edited by wellsjs; 11/24/2006 at 01:21 PM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast