Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzter View Post
    The file you download from this link is actually 1.1.2. I verified it earlier. i guess Dmitry has not update the page noting 1.1.2.

Peace!
    Thanks.
    Thanks for this post OP. I didn't know there was anything like this and was worried about personal info (account # and such) should phone be lost or stolen. I purchased a reg code.
    M-100 > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 650 (Cingular / Unlocked / Firmware 1.71 / 1.20-ENA /Custom Rom)
    i welcome any ideas on improving the app, so feel free to send them to me
    Ok, I see we can do the SMS notification thing, how about sending it to an email address instead - mSafe does it that way and it WAS the only reason I used it - I no longer use it 'cause of Blue Pill.

Ben
    After a soft reset all actions/triggers are gone and bluepill won't work. I even tried locking it with rlock...still, bluepill is disabled after soft reset.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Is there protection against a removed sim card? Will it trigger with at least a password blocking access to the device?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abe frohman View Post
    After a soft reset all actions/triggers are gone and bluepill won't work. I even tried locking it with rlock...still, bluepill is disabled after soft reset.
    Works for me after a reset but even stranger it does NOT show up in my list of apps in RLock. Are you using 1.1.0 or 1.1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Works for me after a reset but even stranger it does NOT show up in my list of apps in RLock. Are you using 1.1.0 or 1.1.2?
    In Rlock you'll see "PalmOsBpSys"...that's the BluePill app. I'm using BluePill 1.1.2...
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djr View Post
    Is there protection against a removed sim card? Will it trigger with at least a password blocking access to the device?
    This is a good point. If someone steals my Treo, and then swaps out the SIM before I can send a text message, I'm pretty much screwed. Without that SIM, the message will never get to the phone. But there's no way around that, I suppose. Just have to hope to get the message out before the SIM gets taken out.

The problem is, if I lose my Treo, I probably won't be able to get a text message out for a while, unless I happen to be with someone else who has a phone with text messaging.

Still, it's worth the $8, if it works just once.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Is this an option of the basic security program? I use Teal Lock and it does keep the device locked after a soft reset. I am testing it now and yes, my Treo is still locked.

My understanding is that Blue Pill is intended to preform the lock and that the system or a security program (such as Teal Lock) then takes the responsibility for maintaining that lock when a reset is done.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Is this an option of the basic security program? I use Teal Lock and it does keep the device locked after a soft reset. I am testing it now and yes, my Treo is still locked.

My understanding is that Blue Pill is intended to preform the lock and that the system or a security program (such as Teal Lock) then takes the responsibility for maintaining that lock when a reset is done.

Ben
    I'm not talking about the treo remaining locked after a soft reset. I'm talking about bluepill losing the trigger/rules after a soft reset...for me any way. So, after a soft reset, if I send the trigger sms to the treo, nothing will happen because the triggers/rules are gone from bluepill.

BTW...once I manually lock the treo with the built in security app, it does stay locked after a soft reset. I don't use Teal Lock or similar...
    Last edited by abe frohman; 11/22/2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Ok, now the next question - have you lost any other preferences, since the loosing of the settings indicates that, I did not loose those settings after I performed a soft reset. Take a look at Reset Doctor - http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php. As a note, I have all three options enabled and the db cache set at around 5mb on my 700p.

Ben

I'm not talking about the treo remaining locked after a soft reset. I'm talking about bluepill losing the trigger/rules after a soft reset...for me any way. So, after a soft reset, if I send the trigger sms to the treo, nothing will happen because the triggers/rules are gone from bluepill.
    Ok, now the next question - have you lost any other preferences, since the loosing of the settings indicates that, I did not loose those settings after I performed a soft reset. Take a look at Reset Doctor - http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/reset-doctor-more.php. As a note, I have all three options enabled and the db cache set at around 5mb on my 700p.

Ben
    No, I didn't lose any other prefs...that I noticed. I have other apps that do almost all of what reset doctor does. I've never had a problem with losing prefs.
    Treo 650 Verizon
    Ok, I see we can do the SMS notification thing, how about sending it to an email address instead - mSafe does it that way and it WAS the only reason I used it - I no longer use it 'cause of Blue Pill.

Ben
    What are the differences (major) between mSafe and BluePill? Why did you switch to BluePill?
    Treo 650 Verizon
    mSafe has been out lots longer than BluePill. mSafe has for some time supported sending an email to a user specified email address when performing an action - email sent then the action performed. mSafe has not had a major upgrade in a long, long time. I do not consider the two utilities to be in the same league. I look at BluePill as enhancing my overall security when the device is "lost."

Anyway, TealLock 6 is a complete rewrite and as a device security application, it does rather well. It locks the device and handles remote locking and bunches of other features. When I read about Blue Pill I tried it and registered it the same evening, seeing that it actually did do the remote thing much quicker.

So for me, Teal Lock 6 for the day-to-day need for security (I have it set to lock the device after 15 minutes of non-use between 10A and 8P) and Blue Pill to zap the device should it get lost - good for me. As a note, Teal Lock 6 works well on both my 650 (used by my wife) and my 700p. I will be purchasing a license to place Blue Pill on the 650.

Ben
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    mSafe has been out lots longer than BluePill. mSafe has for some time supported sending an email to a user specified email address when performing an action - email sent then the action performed. mSafe has not had a major upgrade in a long, long time. I do not consider the two utilities to be in the same league. I look at BluePill as enhancing my overall security when the device is "lost."

Anyway, TealLock 6 is a complete rewrite and as a device security application, it does rather well. It locks the device and handles remote locking and bunches of other features. When I read about Blue Pill I tried it and registered it the same evening, seeing that it actually did do the remote thing much quicker.

So for me, Teal Lock 6 for the day-to-day need for security (I have it set to lock the device after 15 minutes of non-use between 10A and 8P) and Blue Pill to zap the device should it get lost - good for me. As a note, Teal Lock 6 works well on both my 650 (used by my wife) and my 700p. I will be purchasing a license to place Blue Pill on the 650.

Ben
    I think that Blue Pill is an awesome program. However, if TealLock 6 is put into the ROM, there wouldn't be a need for Blue Pill, am I correct?

Ben, I thought that I read somewhere that you have TealLock part of your ROM. I might be wrong (blame it on Old Timers). But that's the reason for my question. Thanks in advance.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom357 View Post
    if TealLock 6 is put into the ROM, there wouldn't be a need for Blue Pill, am I correct?
    You can't put TealLock or anything in ROM. Brayder has not hacked late model Sonys or Palms (NVFS) and has ceased operations altogether. To my knowledge, nobody else has done what he did, which was to make flash ROM accessible.

bclinger,

Do you find TealLock to be a burden with incoming calls when the device is locked? I played with it several revisions of beta ago and was not pleased even though I put the phone app in the "run when locked - allow" settings.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    You can't put TealLock or anything in ROM. Brayder has not hacked late model Sonys or Palms (NVFS) and has ceased operations altogether. To my knowledge, nobody else has done what he did, which was to make flash ROM accessible.
    It is my understanding that TealLock 6 can be put into a Custom ROM and uploaded on the phone. In fact, the TealLock developers suggest this in the manual. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    It is my understanding that TealLock 6 can be put into a Custom ROM and uploaded on the phone. In fact, the TealLock developers suggest this in the manual. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks.
    The following is from the TealLock Manual:

Make Fallback File

Use the Make Fallback File screen to create a settings file with
    a copy of current settings. When moved along with TealLock
    into flash memory (by using a third party utility like FlashPro,
    JackFlash or RomTool),
    the file can be used to restore settings
    and lock the handheld even after a full power loss or hard reset.
    This might encourage the return of a lost handheld.

WARNING: Be extremely careful when using a fallback file for this purpose. Do not attempt this procedure using pre-release versions or test builds, or with passwords one might lose, as recovering the unit afterwards can be extremely difficult, or sometimes impossible.

To create and use a fallback file:

1) Turn off TealLock
    2) Move TealLock into flash using a third-party flash utility like FlashPro, JackFlash, or RomTool
    3) Turn On TealLock (now in flash)
    4) Write a fallback file

5) Move the settings file (“TealLock 6.xx Fallback File”) into flash as well.

Before the file is written, you will be asked for a password to imbed into the file. The
    passkey will be restored in event of memory loss and will be set as the system password
    too. Use this feature with extreme care, because if you forget your passkey, you may be
    permanently locked out of your device.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts

Theoretically on a Treo 650 you could do this. We're not able to do this yet on a 700P (customize the ROM).

And by we, I mean Shadowmite.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast