1.    #1  
    I have been a big fan of AeroPlayer, but it has been almost a year since any update. PocketTunes has some features that I would really like, especially bookmarks. I would like to try streaming radio too.

Are there other Aeroplayer users who feel as I do? Can any one comment on reasons to switch or not switch?

I would stay with Aeroplayer if I thought some enhancements were coming before 2007.

ps: It also bugs me that the Yahoo group for Aeroplayer is moderated and my messages are not getting posted.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I finally broke down and switched to PTunes. The two big reasons:

1) Wanted to do Yahoo Unlimited and needed to be able to play licensed materials.

2) Limited navigtation to find the songs I wanted. Not a big deal till I moved to a 4Gb card. Then moving around became a bit of a hassle.

I think the sound quality isn't quite as good with PTunes, but I'm fairly content.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I tried PTunes deluxe streaming music, but I didn't care for the quality being mono, so I'm back to using AeroPlayer listening to MP3s.
  4.    #4  
    Now I am thinking about switching to Kinoma since it is getting such great reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Now I am thinking about switching to Kinoma since it is getting such great reviews.
    So great that no one needs a trial version to see if it works well with their system?
  6.    #6  
    A trial version would be very nice. It is surprising that one is not available.
    I've personally used Pocket Tunes and Aeroplayer, and here's my frank rundown of the two.

Aeroplayer's great in the sense that it supports plenty of file formats (including AAC), however, it's slow, very slow, and skips quite severely when using other applications. In fact, music playback just STOPS completely when I launch Blazer.

Pocket Tunes, well, okay doesn't play AACs (and most of my songs are in AAC), but hey, it plays MP3s very well, and there isn't a noticable slowdown when using other applications. Best compromise in my opinion, though I really do wish they would add AAC support.

Kinoma Player doesn't even do multitasking. So I'm not even considering that, for now....

Just my two cents
  8.    #8  
    If Kinoma can not play in the background than I would not use it to play MP3s.