Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Well, my local Cingular store got ONE in for demo and I got the chance to play with it for an hour or so. My feelings and observations:

• LIGHTWEIGHT! Feels much nicer in the pocket or in my beltcase.

• FAST! I know it is still just EDGE, but I tell ya, it was MUCH faster than my 650. I went to a number of websites, and I know how they repond on the 650. A winner here...
    • Brighter Screen - much more richness in the colors.
    • Bluetooth works great! - A big issuue I had with the 650 was the lousy BT implementation. I paired my Jabra 250V and set the 680 to auto answer immediately - and it DID! WOW!
    • Sound Clairty - I guess this one had a hooked up mic ; I called my son and he said the clarity was MUCH better on the 680. I have to admit, the received audio was clearer as well.

Is this a BIG jump? No, I have to agree that this is what the 650 SHOULD have been. I do wish it had HSDPA/UMTS, but hey, I don't surf THAT much. I put my money on the table to get one as soon as it arrives.

Just my $3 worth...

Tom
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    That pretty much sums up my expierience earlier today. I posted this one of the other 680 threads

680 will be available on Black Friday from cingular. I was going to buy a Blackjack today, the manager told me to wait till Friday, pulled his 680 out of his pocket and this will also be an option on Friday (and all devices will be buy one get one free). If he was pulling my chain, he lost a sell today which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Oooh.. you mean an actual working demo? as opposed to the dummy models with the fake screen that have been in the stores the last couple weeks?

I don't suppose the store had a release date?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio View Post
    That pretty much sums up my expierience earlier today. I posted this one of the other 680 threads

680 will be available on Black Friday from cingular. I was going to buy a Blackjack today, the manager told me to wait till Friday, pulled his 680 out of his pocket and this will also be an option on Friday (and all devices will be buy one get one free). If he was pulling my chain, he lost a sell today which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    I'm waiting for PALM to release the UNLOCKED version! Wish it was Friday too!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_sanders View Post
    Oooh.. you mean an actual working demo? as opposed to the dummy models with the fake screen that have been in the stores the last couple weeks?

I don't suppose the store had a release date?
    Yeah, it was an actual live working device. I made a couple of calls and surfed a little on the net, it was pretty quick, but not as quick as the Blackjack on HSPDA.

You missed the part in the post about being available on Friday 24 Nov. and he verified the buy one get one free will be for all devices in the store.
    you're telling me that i can buy 2 Treo 680's for $500 out the door on Friday?

And then sell one on ebay for about $350 or $400?

That's crazy. I'd do that even if I didn't need a Treo 680.

I refuse to get an EDGE connection for $20 when i could have a HSDPA connection for the same $.
    I bet only the phone is free, not the contract you probably have to sign up for. Well it's good deal if you need 2 lines!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I bet only the phone is free, not the contract you probably have to sign up for. Well it's good deal if you need 2 lines!
    Yes, the device will be free as long as you are eligible to upgrade and go for antoher 2 year commitment. I have 4 lines that can be upgraded.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    you're telling me that i can buy 2 Treo 680's for $500 out the door on Friday?

And then sell one on ebay for about $350 or $400?

That's crazy. I'd do that even if I didn't need a Treo 680.

I refuse to get an EDGE connection for $20 when i could have a HSDPA connection for the same $.
    Yep, as long as you sign additional contracts for each device.

Edge vs HSPDA is why I am leaning toward the Blackjack
    Hey... something you should all know about the Blackjack... Cingular store rep, who I know from previous purchases, told me not to even consider the Blackjack. It comes with (2) batteries, which only lasts 2 hours each! What a waste.
    One white one to match my iPod. Please
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey23 View Post
    Hey... something you should all know about the Blackjack... Cingular store rep, who I know from previous purchases, told me not to even consider the Blackjack. It comes with (2) batteries, which only lasts 2 hours each! What a waste.
    I bought a Blackjack and am loving it! It's completely taken my mind off of getting a 680.

True, it does come with 2 batteries which isn't a good sign. But, I will say that I charge my phone every night and on a regular day, I'm not draining the battery on my Blackjack. I actually think the battery is near the same use as the 750v I was using.

HUGE improvement over the Moto Q (which I thought was a complete waste).
    Brandon
    Hmmm, sounds interesting. We will see on Friday.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    See what on Friday Chris? Am I missing something? Sorry, but I didn't get the memo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey23 View Post
    See what on Friday Chris? Am I missing something? Sorry, but I didn't get the memo.
    There is suppose to be a warewolf that will appear at the top of Mount Everest. This warewolf will be approximately 12 ft. tall and roughly 650 lbs.
    If you catch a glimpse please take a picture for us.

Thx
    I'll show ya a warewolf.
    hahahahaha....jk man
    Roar!!
    Have you stopped using the 750v? If so, any reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    I bought a Blackjack and am loving it! It's completely taken my mind off of getting a 680.

True, it does come with 2 batteries which isn't a good sign. But, I will say that I charge my phone every night and on a regular day, I'm not draining the battery on my Blackjack. I actually think the battery is near the same use as the 750v I was using.

HUGE improvement over the Moto Q (which I thought was a complete waste).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Yeah, I haven't been using it for awhile now. The Cingular ROM I put on it seems to have caused intermittent problems. It also caused Goodlink to crash a couple of times. So, I've shelved it until another ROM comes out.

But, I might not go back to it at all. I'm really digging the Blackjack. Very nice form factor!
    Brandon